Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hunters & Arcane Shot

Options
  • 24-01-2008 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭

was running in the gates of IF when i noticed this little snippet in my combat log, thought it was mildly humorous and pretty much summed up 90% of people using arcane shot(ok it didn't remove a game breaking buff but the hunters name is just perfect)

arcaneshotac9.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

I just started a hunter.
    I'm level 19 now.

I dont get it :(

I love arcane shot btw.
    Does it get gay or stupid at higher levels or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

it's just a pet peeve of mine that 'clueless' hunters spamming arcane shot make life so much more difficult since it dispels a buff and most don't even have a clue that they're doing it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

i think its gay and no idea why they gave them such a skill, i mean why not have my rogues sinister strike remove buffs ? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I don't really play PVP, but only a fool wouldn't understand what the move does...
    Damn handy for PVE anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

keyboard-face-roll lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

KoKane wrote: »
    I just started a hunter.
    I'm level 19 now.

I dont get it :(

I love arcane shot btw.
    Does it get gay or stupid at higher levels or something?

It means the the huntards arcane shot will remove a buff.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Arcane shot dispelling buffs or removal of deadzone I could easily have tolerated and worked around. But both together seems pretty overpowered in my opinion.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I hate it on my priest (draenei s-priest, lvl 65). PW:F being dispelled is really, really annoying. Also on my paladin if I'm tanking Drek and some huntard decides to be a cheap bastard and arcane shot me until Righteous Fury disappears :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Ivan wrote: »
    Arcane shot dispelling buffs or removal of deadzone I could easily have tolerated and worked around. But both together seems pretty overpowered in my opinion.

You forgot to mention they have their own mortal strike now

Well, I'm one of the few that believed they needed that. I can remember the night before the patch went live, standing in front of my T6 geared hunter friend, just spam healing myself in my T5 gear. In the end it took 3 minutes and 20 seconds, before he could wear me down and even then that was only because I ran out of mana :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Well to be honest I don't really have a serious problem with the changes to arcane shot or aimed shot but it's just that arcane shot is such a mindless act now. It shouldn't be in someone's damage rotation, they should go 'oh a buff, arcane shot' rather than 'omglol hrode r here arcane shoot gogo kablamo'. I was also against the dumbing down of dispel to a bloody childlike form it is now, not only can you see buffs but you can only cast when they have them up, absolutely retarded.

Now scorpid pets, they need to die

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Funky wrote: »
    'omglol hrode r here arcane shoot gogo kablamo'.
    Don't really have an opinion for or against arcane shot but thats the best thing Ive ever heard.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

I think its about time hunters got a heal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Dustaz wrote: »
    I think its about time hunters got a heal.
    SIGNED.

Creating online petition as we speak.

Yeah, that and some kind of dual-wield for bows. More PEWPEW = teh win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

They all ready got a heal, heal pet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

Agree, give them a drain life dot as well please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

When im doing 2v2 and we come up Vs a Hunter/healer Combo, Its a real pain that Hunters AS displays my armour and all my buffs, Try fighting a Hunter/Shaman combo Dispell Hell!

But i have to agro hunters needed this buff and i wouldnt say it is Overpowered cos its not, Just means hunters put up a harder fight witch is good,

I have a Hunter on US servers, It used to be my main, It's so boring as a hunter,
    I love my wLock alot more,!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Ivan wrote: »
    Yeah, that and some kind of dual-wield for bows. More PEWPEW = teh win.

That would be awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

I couldn't give a **** they're op in so many ways it's not funny. Spam arcane mana burn. win fight while a druid has 600 hots on you.

Yes I am aware I'm levelling one, the above was from a mage perspective at 70 :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement