Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody ever done a paid transfer?

Options
  • 24-01-2008 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

Transferred to Silvermoon there last night after getting fed up with Lagspear. Guild I was in sucked, the guild I wanted to get into announced they were going to be no more 2 days ago, so I had little to stay for other than a laggy and relatively poorly progressed server.

Err so yeah, haven't tried out Silvermoon much, have a low lvl Shaman there but it appears to be much better. Got a mail this morning to confirm it had been approved so will hopefully be able to play on my mains again tonight!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I transferred from Bladefist to Executus, as some of my friends were there. It was a definate improvement, especially on the PvP side. I used to be waiting 20+ minutes for anything, now its 1-2 minutes max for any of the bg's.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I did consider transferring off Kilrogg for a good while before I switched guilds. It's worth it if you're trying to get off a crap server.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

how much downtime was involved in the transfers? and its only the toon ur movin thats unplayable yeh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Short Stuf

I was considering following my friends to Doomhammer, who switched because of the poor progress on Steamwheedle Cartel. This doesn't affect me, being only level 37 at the time of posting, but I might switch anyway seeing as it's so difficult to get instance groups on SWC.

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

copeyhagen wrote: »
    how much downtime was involved in the transfers? and its only the toon ur movin thats unplayable yeh?

First time it took a while, couple of hours. Last time I transferred it was all over in minutes (couple of months ago).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

I've done it numerous times with different characters, to various different servers. Its taken me, on average, about 1-3 hours to transfer any single character.`

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Ivan wrote: »
    I've done it numerous times with different characters, to various different servers. Its taken me, on average, about 1-3 hours to transfer any single character.`

for truth

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

How much money are you aloud to bring ?

Also what kind of stuff goods ?
    I hope you can fill your bags up with stuff and go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

took me no more than 30 mins to transfer..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

BadCharlie wrote: »
    How much money are you aloud to bring ?

Also what kind of stuff goods ?
    I hope you can fill your bags up with stuff and go.

you can take as much goods as your bag can hold. And your lvl depends on how much money. I think lvl 70 is something like 50000G.

• Advertisement

I believe level 70 is 10,000g. Considering the most expensive thing in the game is an epic flying mount @5000g and you can only buy one of them and gold selling is so rampant in the game, it makes perfect sense ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

jesus thats awsome, i thought it was gonna take days like they advertise on the site. thinking of witching my 70 warr off laughing skull, all my friends have left server or game over the last few months. hmmm..

is there a minimum level, have a 44 huntard im lvling now on the side i wouldnt mind moving to laughing skull for gold reasons : )

Minimum level is 10 so you're sorted.

Becareful when moving characters though, alot of people dont really appreciate the ramifications of the 3 month cooldown period because trust me, there are 2 absolutes in WoW life; 1) You will always be required to pay for your subscription every month and 2) GM's love the tears of those that dont read the T&C's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

so you have to wait 3months per toon move?

tom_ass19 wrote: »
    so you have to wait 3months per toon move?

Yes, there was however one exception (that, as far as I know, they did not announce). When TBC was launched the 3 month "cool down" on transfers appears to have been reset. I managed to move across two characters a month before the time limit was up. Other than that, it's 90 days each way.

Advertisement