Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

higher Cert in science in construction studies

Options
  • 24-01-2008 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

hey, i have the qualification above & was just wondering if anybody knew if there are any letters ya can put after your name if any wit this qualification? i need to know this as applied for 100% mortgage & have to fall into certain category to get this! engineering fallin into this category! i work as a engineer & have been approved as long as i can show letters after my name! ithere arwe no letters on my cert! a friend has a similar cert in civil & said he can put NCE national cert in engineering! any help appreciated?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Usually to get IEEE accreditation you need to have done an IEEE accredited course and submitted your application back to the relevant body for acceptance and verification.

I cant say much about the NCE or other such qualifications. Check with your awarding body and see what they say you are entitled to

And you might want to rephrase your question as well. Plus this is an IT certification forum so possibly you may need to address your question to a more relevant one

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

As far as I know, only awards from Level 8 and above (i.e. Honours degree) allow you to have letters after your name.

A cert is level 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Moved from IT Certification to the most relevant forum I can think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Moved from IT Certification to the most relevant forum I can think of.
    Thanks Aidan. I'll get you back at some stage. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,132 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    As far as I know, only awards from Level 8 and above (i.e. Honours degree) allow you to have letters after your name.

A cert is level 6.
    No thats not really true, level 7 has various letters titles, off the top og my head, B.Arch Tech, Dip. Arch, B.Arch Sci,
    there are all level 7 and are letters after the name, and through these you can extended to RIAI, RIBA, CIAT, etc

As for the cert, i'm not sure. I think you would have to check with the body that issues the cert.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Tom Dunne wrote: »

A cert is level 6.

a higher cert in civil engineering will allow you to use (example)

kceire Eng Tech IEI

ordinary degree : kceire BEng Tech AMIEI

best bet is to contact the body the represents your field of work as engineers ireland would be the body that i would contact if you know what i mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,132 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Actually, can the OP post what college he went to.
    He will get a better answer if we move this to his college forum

Advertisement