Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Onkyo amp or Keff speakers??

Options
  • 24-01-2008 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where to find the best value for Onkyo TX-SR705EB amp and Keff speakers?? (Besides komplett or play). Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Not sure which Kef's your looking at but I purchased my Kef 3005 speakers from Superfi in the UK. Cheapest by a longshot about 6-8months ago, ordered and had them a week later.

On the Onkyo 705, no info to add, but there is already a recent thread here highlighting a good deal on the Onkyo 605.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

Give both of the following shops a call. They both do Onkyo and Kef.

http://www.richersounds.ie/
    http://munstersounds.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Builderwoman!

Thanks guys. Think it's the Keff 2005.2 or higher spec he's asking for!
    Keep em suggestions coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭cracker

Superfi have a special at the moment, onkyo 605, kef 3005 and denon 1940 for 1100stg, with the exchange rate at the moment works out at around 1500 including delivery.

cracker wrote: »
    Superfi have a special at the moment, onkyo 605, kef 3005 and denon 1940 for 1100stg, with the exchange rate at the moment works out at around 1500 including delivery.

Thanks all. Cracker, thanks to eddiem74's advice we had a look last pm too. He's set his heart on the 705 Onkyo now...more money!! Unfortunately the Kef 3005 is silver....and it's black that I want (would look better in the room...ok... it's a woman thing!!). There are some good prices there on Superfi so I'm going to email them and ask them for prices on the black 3005. Will keep looking!

aaf...thanks but richersounds and munster sounds are more expensive than buying from komplett, play and pixmania. Might give them a buzz though and see if they would do a deal though...so thanks for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

aaf...thanks but richersounds and munster sounds are more expensive than buying from komplett, play and pixmania. Might give them a buzz though and see if they would do a deal though...so thanks for that.
    Well, got my Onkyo 905 for £100 cheaper than anywhere I could find including all of the UK! Give both of them a call and see if they'll offer you a deal as you are buying a few items.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Unfortunately the Kef 3005 is silver....and it's black that I want (would look better in the room...ok... it's a woman thing!!). There are some good prices there on Superfi so I'm going to email them and ask them for prices on the black 3005.

I was a little reluctant also at first of the 3005's in sliver, as I have a black Plasma screen. However as the front grill was black it was surprisingly not that ugly beside the plasma or noticeable that they were silver. It was really only apparant from a side view. I also then lost control of my credit card, and purchased the Kef speaker stands in black actually which I really like, although not sure the price was justified, roughly 200euro a pair :eek:.

I initially had the rears on the wall but also ended up removing and using the stands there too, not sure I was 100% happy with the look on the wall, but with the stands I am. The sliver sub for sure would be a little more noticeable, but again would depend where you end up locating it.

Prior to purchasing I also had a hands-on look at everything in Peats, even got the chance to see the stands with the speakers on them, although I did not source the speakers there in the end as they were way to expensive (& still are) compared to Superfi.

Here's my original post on the Kef's from boards.ie

Here's a post I also reviewed at the time from avforums. You might get to see some pics, you can also search over on avforums for alot more postings.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭cracker

He's set his heart on the 705 Onkyo now...more money!! .

As a matter of interest what is it about the 705's that make them worth the extra money. They are 600stg instead of 400stg on superfi. I had a look at the comparison chart on the onkyo web site and it seemed there was not that much that would make it worth an extra 50%. But I am a newbie to all this so I might have missed something. I hope not because I just ordered a couple of days ago.

cracker wrote: »
    As a matter of interest what is it about the 705's that make them worth the extra money. They are 600stg instead of 400stg on superfi. I had a look at the comparison chart on the onkyo web site and it seemed there was not that much that would make it worth an extra 50%. But I am a newbie to all this so I might have missed something. I hope not because I just ordered a couple of days ago.

I think it's the thx certification and the fact that the 705 is slightly more powerful and hence less chance of blowing speakers as speakers are very often blown by people driving an amp too hard.....not me talking...the other half!! Good luck with the 605. The 705 btw is available on Komplett for 789e.

Ok what do you all think of Mission m cube speakers? I hate the look of the Keff speakers so hubby suggested the Mission speakers instead which I love the look of!

• Advertisement
Advertisement