Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outland, Tonight \o/

Options
  • 24-01-2008 12:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭

Any advice for me? Anything i need to do or know before i get there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

You Are Not Prepared!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Grats Anti.

You need nothing, Outland will provide all in the form of epic greens!
    I'd advise having First Aid maxed, but apart from that nothing comes to mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 CidonaBoy

Watch out for Fel reavers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

CidonaBoy wrote: »
    Watch out for Fel reavers!

I learnt that the hard way... twice:o
    I'd look for a trainer for your professions asap if I were you (presuming that they're currently maxxed out?)
    Hit outland the other day, and zoomed straight to 60 in no time, it gets pretty damn hard to level up after that...

Gratz

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Tip: Don't go to Outland til you are lvl 60. It'll go a lot quicker in the long run and you'll enjoy it more

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Be prepared to die a lot if you go in at 58. I was lucky enough to group for a few quests when I got in at 58 with my priest, and it made life a lot easier. 58-60 in 4.5 hours /played though, levelling is FAST there. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I went in at 58 with my pally, and it wasnt too bad. Did a few dungeon runs and i levelled up really fast. Now i'm finally 6 bars (rested :)) away from 70. If you know some level70's, they can help you with the group quests, which give good exp and great gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Small update. Made it to Outlands at lvl 56. And have spent most of the day finishing off quests all over the place i hadnt finished before. I am 58 now and have started doing the hellfire penisula instance ( its damn small ). And my first drop was a hunters lvl 60 trousers ( part of a set ) And a staff with +23 agi + 22 sta and +22 int. And shoulders with 330 armor and 20 agi and 20 str. That kinda shocked me as it was a lvl 56 item but it had more armor then my current chest. I also seem to be able to crit alot higer here then i am against lvl 55-59 mobs in silithis. Im amazed how much more friendly the players are here too, no nobs at all yet. And 2 other members of the guidl have just their alts to 60 so ill have some help and plenty of instance runs :D

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I still think the Hellfire Citadel instances - ALL of them, from Ramparts normal to Magtheridon's Lair - are great. None of them are insanely long or really boring, and the lootz are relatively good in the lower ones for when you get them. And of course, as a pally tank I *love* Shattered Halls, and I'm one of those weirdos who thinks the Magtheridon fight is fun.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i know i did ramparts and BF to death
    they're fun, nice and short

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

If you go in at lvl 58 you'll have a harder time getting an epic mount. The more quests you have left over at 70 the more gold you can get from them. 12g per quest at lvl 70 bought me my epic mount

Im not too far off my epic mount. About to get my lvl 60 mount now. And i think ill spend most of the day in the instances there now ive hit 60. My ajw hit the floor at 9am thismornign when i hit it and seen its 494000XP untill lvl 61.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭BKtje

he means epic flying :p

My druid alt just dinged 60 and i been lvling my mining and engineeringh in prepeartion. Had a few BF runs and a Ramparts run from invites while i was mining in Azeroth and im already 61. Hope to reach 70 before finishing 3rd zone for lots and lots of money :D (only reason im really lvling the druid)

B-K-DzR wrote: »

My druid alt just dinged 60 and i been lvling my mining and engineeringh in prepeartion. Had a few BF runs and a Ramparts run from invites while i was mining in Azeroth and im already 61. Hope to reach 70 before finishing 3rd zone for lots and lots of money :D (only reason im really lvling the druid)

Yeah i know what he meant ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

B-K-DzR wrote: »

Same as always BK, Cheapo ;)

Advertisement