Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's about this time...

Options
  • 23-01-2008 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭

I get seriously impatient...HURRY UP BASEBALL!...I also hope we don't have to endure steroid talk all year. Bluejays FTW. Haven't been in the dome in 4 years :eek:...gotta get back soon. Going to at least one d-backs game in Phoenix in April when I'm there for work, and then I'm going to the West Coast in June for hols, so hopefully I'll take in the Dodgers, Angels, Padres and maybe the Angels AAA affiliate in Vegas if its not criminally hot. Anyone else got any plans to attend games this year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Kinda32

Heading to the West coast in late september so hopefully will catch a couple of the season end games.. If i'm really lucky the Sox will be in Anaheim for the Division/Championship series!!!!! But i guess thats a long way off!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

The Pats in the Super Bowl are keeping me even keeled at the moment but after next weekend I know Im gonna start getting jumpy.

Had plans to go to Boston this year specifically for a weekend of games but a house buying incident has put a stop on that :rolleyes:

The one bright spark is that I finally got my hands on Ken Burns 1994 18-hour documentary on baseball and am saving it for Feb when I know my cravings are at their worst. See here for details......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baseball_(TV_series))

21 days till Pitchers and catchers report :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

I have the Burns thing...only managed to get through about the first 5 or so......Not mad about them for whatever reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 deBOTCHery

i have a multitude of red sox and pats dvds to help me through the long, tedious wait for the regular season. even spring break is a bit tough. strange times for games, not all of them televised, stuff like that. i'll just watch the world series dvds a few times to get me in the mood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

deBOTCHery wrote: »
    i have a multitude of red sox and pats dvds to help me through the long, tedious wait for the regular season. even spring break is a bit tough. strange times for games, not all of them televised, stuff like that. i'll just watch the world series dvds a few times to get me in the mood.
    My '04 box set is showing signs of overuse....need to get more DVD's :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 RORYBBELLOWS8

I spent the guts of the weekend queing in that stupid virtual waiting room for Fenway tickets. (Sox home games went on Sale on Saturday at 3pm) Two days waiting and not a sausage. All that's left now are obstructed views and general (standing room only) admission. I have seen the sox play in other ballparks but not at Fenway. Does anyone know what the chances are of turning up on the day (apart from yankees games) and getting a tickets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 deBOTCHery

it IS possible to show up game day and get tickets. the chances aren't great, but it's possible. i think they've even set up an area in front of the ballpark for people to sell their tickets at face value. this is to combat scalping. it's completely legal. the red sox are also working with a website called stubhub.com. that is a site where season ticket holders sell their tickets. if you get desperate, try that. it's a bit expensive but i got mine there after hours in the silly waiting room.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 RORYBBELLOWS8

deBOTCHery wrote: »
    . the red sox are also working with a website called stubhub.com.
    That seems to be the ticket (pardon the pun)

I don't mind paying over the odds (but not that much over the odds!), as long as I can get decent tickets.

Rory

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭WATPOAE

I'm heading to San Fran and Seattle in June/July and then on to Toronto for a week. Definitely going to Mariners vs Jays in Seattle on 2 & 3 July. If I can squeeze it in, hope to take in a game in both Oakland and San Francisco as well the week previous.

Then on to Toronto for a week. We're hosting the Orioles and then the Yankees in the first full week of July, so will definitely take in a couple that week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

I cant wait myself will have to use stubhub to get tickets for the mets final game at shea before it gets knocked down. I will also be going across the country so hope to see the giants, dodgers, rockies, cubs, blue jays, red socks and of course my team the mets.

• Advertisement

Just watching a bit of spring training on mlb.com. Nearly there now!...not long until Roy takes the mound at Yankee Stadium. It's a day game too..woohoo...gotta get me a graphics card with s-video out so I can watch mlb.tv on my TV before then...

yeah was watching a little of the White Sox - Rockies game for a few innings.. Great to see live ball, even if its only spring training games. Blue Jays opener on NASN so happy out to watch them hopefully beat the yankees (anyone but them!!!!)

Kinda32 wrote: »
    yeah was watching a little of the White Sox - Rockies game for a few innings.. Great to see live ball, even if its only spring training games. Blue Jays opener on NASN so happy out to watch them hopefully beat the yankees (anyone but them!!!!)

Oh its on NASN?...I think thats only available in a pack on Sky Digital but I might have to go for it...

Yeah checked the monthly schedule on NASN and they are advertising Jays and Yankees Monday 31st March..

Advertisement