Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to bring to an interview?

Options
  • 23-01-2008 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭

I'm going for an interview with a games company next week and they want me to bring some stuff.

I was thinking of some simple rendering demos done in openGL or XNA, just to show I can move stuff around 3D space and apply textures and stuff.

Is it hard to apply bump mapping to polygons in openGL?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Is it hard to apply bump mapping to polygons in openGL?

Did that last year for a college project and had no trouble with it from what I remember

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

Sample of your work that you have done before..

Printed copies of any documentation that will be helpful for them to see and understand what you did.

Printed copies of your cv. one for each interviewer. makes it easier to refer to past experience if they can see it and they will be inclinded to ask about it so its easier to show them stuff.

Outside that i would just bring a small pad for myself to take notes.. nothing huge just little things they mite say. In one interview i had for a dev role they mentioned certain things they do. and for the second interview they asked if i had looked into them as i had no previous knowledge of them. had look at one or two but couldnt remember them all so i always write things like that down anymore during the interview. shows interest too.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭leahcim

i would just bring a small pad for myself to take notes

Never heard of that before. I think it is a very good idea.

I would think this would be one thing that would make you stand out from the other candidates which is always helpful.

As you are unlikely to be in front of a computer while being interviewed I would also being printouts of screenshots and leave them in a folder. You could whip them out and show them to the interview panel as in aid in explaining what projects you have worked on. This would be handy if you were finding it difficult to verbalize your past projects (a picture speaks a thousand words as they say).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

And tissue, in case you get a runny nose.

Advertisement