Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social welfare assistance

Options
  • 23-01-2008 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭

Ive been in fulltime employment with the same company for the past 10 years.

We were asked to take a 3 day working week for the short to medium term future.

What is my state benefit? Is it for the remaining 2 or 3 days of not workng and how much should i expect as a single man with no kids.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Must be out of work at least 3 days per week (excluding Sundays).
    Should get around €32 per day out of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

so if im working tues weds and thurs.. id be entitled to Monday Friday and Saturday @32?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Go talk to the Social Welfare. They'll assess your income and assign you to the Casual Hatch probably.

dudara wrote: »
    Go talk to the Social Welfare. They'll assess your income and assign you to the Casual Hatch probably.

Casual Hatch?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It's the part of the dole office that deals with people who work on a part-time basis.

• Advertisement

Grand, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

If you qualify for Jobseeker's Benefit (i.e. claim off your stamps/PRSI Cons), you lose 1/6 of your weekly payment for each day worked, you are paid by cheque and have to fill out dockets eachh week. Your social Welfare office will be able to tell you more!

Advertisement