Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipod Album Artwork Problem

Options
  • 23-01-2008 2:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

http://img186.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ipodissuehs2.jpg

Does anyone know what might be causing this and how to fix it? There are multiple album covers for the same CD. I've checked and the band's name is spelled correctly on all songs and the album title is the same for each song.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

Mark them as part of a compilation that might do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

AlkaHsu wrote: »
    http://img186.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ipodissuehs2.jpg

Does anyone know what might be causing this and how to fix it? There are multiple album covers for the same CD. I've checked and the band's name is spelled correctly on all songs and the album title is the same for each song.

here's what I do:

1. Click on View and switch back to "Album View"
    2. In the Search box (top right) type in "Band Of Horses"
    3. In the main window at the bottom of the screen, highlight all the songs together from the album that you want to fix, ie. tracks 1-10 of "Cease to Begin".
    4. When the songs are highlighted, right click and go to the first option "Get Info"
    5. This is where you need to make sure that "Artist" and "Album Artist" are set to match exactly. It will pick up "Band of Horses" and "Band Of Horses" as two different groups. Also check that the "Genre" is matching for all the songs.

*** But the tick-box that I think makes the biggest different is the "Compilation" box at the bottom left - change that to "Yes".

(I have nearly 14,000 songs in my library at the moment and they're all sorted out.)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Loveless wrote: »
    here's what I do:

1. Click on View and switch back to "Album View"
    2. In the Search box (top right) type in "Band Of Horses"
    3. In the main window at the bottom of the screen, highlight all the songs together from the album that you want to fix, ie. tracks 1-10 of "Cease to Begin".
    4. When the songs are highlighted, right click and go to the first option "Get Info"
    5. This is where you need to make sure that "Artist" and "Album Artist" are set to match exactly. It will pick up "Band of Horses" and "Band Of Horses" as two different groups. Also check that the "Genre" is matching for all the songs.

*** But the tick-box that I think makes the biggest different is the "Compilation" box at the bottom left - change that to "Yes".

(I have nearly 14,000 songs in my library at the moment and they're all sorted out.)

I was just about to post a question on this very problem. What do you do in the case of a compilation (ie a film soundtrack). I have the compilation flag selected, but I'm still seeing multiple covers in the cover flow. Do I set Album Artist equal to the compilation name?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

dudara wrote: »
    I was just about to post a question on this very problem. What do you do in the case of a compilation (ie a film soundtrack). I have the compilation flag selected, but I'm still seeing multiple covers in the cover flow. Do I set Album Artist equal to the compilation name?

In this case you need to set album artist to Various Artists or something like that. Then we you view by albums it will all be in the one album. Songs retain their artists name etc. Took me ages to sort out my library too.

Advertisement