Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campus Anxiety

Options
  • 22-01-2008 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi.

I am an "academic" for want of a better description. The faculty of the college I am in is seperated from other faculties, student numbers are low and I work at night. However there is a proposal to gather all the institute's faculties together in one large campus in the city. From experience at a large campus in the past, they make me very anxious. Nervous about my future. Can you advise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I presume that you're talking about the proposed plans for DIT.

I'm going to move this to Teaching & Lecturing - people might be able to give you some good advice there.

Can I ask how you feel that moving to a new purpose built campus will affect you? Will it be the extra amount of people present?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭coverband

Yes, UCD was a terrible experience mainly the OPEN SPACES

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

This thread is being closed due to coverband personally attacking me in PI for not responding to him.

Like I have the time or interest to help somebody who sends me 5 PMs in the space of a couple of hours demanding I answer his above question.

Here's a crazy thing - I have this whole work thing going from 9-5:30. I am not paid to moderate, nor am I paid to tend to the incessant whining of some academic crackpot who doesn't appear to get the whole "internet" thing.

:mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement