Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

total noobie,sorry!!!

Options
  • 22-01-2008 8:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

was over in New Zealand recently and had a craic a .22, a .303 and a benelli shotgun and had a blast literally!some pop off the .303!
    anyway i am wondering where do i go from here?
    I presume apply for a firearms licence and then look up for a local gunclub!?!
    I would like to get info on gun clubs in the west and whats the story on buying rifles,scopes & ammo etc in the north/England europe etc?
    john

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭N.O.I.P.

If you want to do target shooting

1) Join a club
    2) Play with everything they have
    3) decide what you like and then buy your own (you apply for your license after you have placed a deposit on your chosen firearm)

AFAIK when you are importing firearms or component parts thereof from the EU you need an article 7 import license as well as you firearms license.

Can't really give any advice on getting started hunting as I don't hunt myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭johnnyboy4711

ty
    john
    doesnt look like there is much activity over this side of the shannon though!
    cannot find any clubs on the net!
    john

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

If you want to go hunting (not to everyones taste :D) get to know some shooters and join the local gun club. AGM's should be coming up over the next couple of months, thats when they normally have an intake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭N.O.I.P.

There is a clubs thread hiding out somewhere, might be on the main shooting forum. It gives a list of most of the clubs in the country.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭IRLConor

There's a list of clubs on the boards.ie wiki:

http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/Shooting_Clubs_and_Ranges

It's far from comprehensive though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement