Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung M87 46" settings

Options
  • 22-01-2008 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

I had this tv since November and I've never really been happy with he way it was set up picture wise. I believe a lot of people have this issue with this very set.

I've been reading and scouring the av forums for months trying to get the right settings for my PS3 running through HDMI and finally after many many different configurations I came across the holy grail.

I tried these this evening and I have to say I'm gob smacked.

contrast 90
    brightness 40-50
    sharpness 30 hd - 40 sd
    colour 52 hd 50 sd
    movie mode = warm 1 not hdtvtest poor yellowish warm2
    gamma +1
    xvycc on
    size just scan
    movie plus off
    dnie off hd - on sd
    backlight 2 hd or 3-4 in bright conditions
    white balance
    r-offset 17
    g-offset 15
    b-offset 14
    r-gain 10
    g-gain 12
    b-gain 25

energy saving low

It seems the guy that gave these had his set professionally set up by an engineering company and thats the results.

Enjoy :D

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Cheers, been thinking of ordering one of these, nice to have the settings somewhere easy to find. I've been reading avforums too and it seems they turn the tv from am average to poor one into an excellent one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Im getting the 40" version soon and i'll give those setting a try.
    I saw the 46" in Dixons last weekend and it looked amazing! It had a bluray demo on and the picture was excellent, by far the best in the shop. I would guess that they only had 'shop setting' on so I couldnt imagine how good it would have been if it had been calibrated properly!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭akadesign

KTRIC wrote: »
    I had this tv since November and I've never really been happy with he way it was set up picture wise. I believe a lot of people have this issue with this very set.

I've been reading and scouring the av forums for months trying to get the right settings for my PS3 running through HDMI and finally after many many different configurations I came across the holy grail.

I tried these this evening and I have to say I'm gob smacked.

contrast 90
    brightness 40-50
    sharpness 30 hd - 40 sd
    colour 52 hd 50 sd
    movie mode = warm 1 not hdtvtest poor yellowish warm2
    gamma +1
    xvycc on
    size just scan
    movie plus off
    dnie off hd - on sd
    backlight 2 hd or 3-4 in bright conditions
    white balance
    r-offset 17
    g-offset 15
    b-offset 14
    r-gain 10
    g-gain 12
    b-gain 25

energy saving low

It seems the guy that gave these had his set professionally set up by an engineering company and thats the results.

Enjoy :D

I have the exact same TV KTRIC and I found these settings originally posted by Kev have a much better result.

Picture
    Mode: Movie
    Contrast: 70
    Brightness: 44
    Sharpness: 26
    Colour: 52
    Colour Tone: Normal
    Backlight: 4
    Size: 16:9
    Digital NR: Off
    Movie Plus: Off

Detailed Settings