Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Louis Copeland question ??

Options
  • 22-01-2008 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi guys

Tried on a canali suit in louis' today which im seriously considering. Although if i buy a canali suit do i want a big louis copeland label stitched inside the jacket.
    Do they remove this on purchase? can it be removed?
    If someone looks inside a suit jacket it should say canali. Thats what you pay for. Not Louis Copeland...
    I would love your input
    Shig

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jonesy3110

I read somewhere that Canalli has part ownership of Loius Copeland? Could have something to do with it. I doubt they would stick a new label on just to remove it at the counter.
    If theres a big louis copeland label stiched inside would that not make it a loius copeland jacket?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

why would you care. if the suit is good quality, a nice cut and you like it, it shouldnt matter if you got it in a charity shop or in louis copelands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭highlight100

Just un-stich the Copeland label yourself when you get it home.The only reason it is there is to show that particular brand is exclusive to Copeland's.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I've a couple of Canalis from LC. Without running to the wardrobe right now (lazy!), AFAIK there's a LC label on the back of one side and a Canali label on the back of the pocket of the other.

To be honest, if you are worrying about an LC label on the inside of your Canali then you really haven't enough real problems in your life...that's unless you're planning to wear the jacket inside-out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭information

all tailors put their label on suits.
    it has LC on one side and canali on the other.

Are you still getting sale price ? If not push for a discount, should get 100 off the canali

Also go to Capel Street Branch, canali I bought was 850 in Pembroke and 800 in capel street

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Shig

How long does a canali suit last?

It would be my 3rd suit and ill rotate them for work.
    Just dont want to be six months down the line and the arse goes out of them. Might be not easy to pick up the same pants.

Also should i look for super 120, 150 etc. I know the higher the number the better the quality but has it any influence on how long the suit lasts?

ohh and while im at it should i get them to the taper the jacket a bit to give it a younger, and made to measure look?

Thanks guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

First of all the super 120, super 150 issue:

You are right in saying that the higher the number, the better quality the wool is. However, the higher the quality the shorter the time it lasts. I would not recommend getting super 150 if its for everyday wear.

Second, if you really wanted to, you can get the label removed. If LC won't do it and you aren't confident to do it yourself, then a good tailor could do it.

The trousers issue: Inquire into getting a second pair of trousers when you are buying it. It will save you hassle in the long run and trousers nearly always the first to go, be it wear or accidentally splitting/ripping them.

A Canali suit is quite a good suit and unless you have the money to spend on expensive suits i would recommend something a little less expensive for day to day wear. People assume that if it has polyester in it it will be poor quality or look cheap. While this is the case sometimes, its not always so. Something around a 50-50 wool polyester mix should look quite well.

Finally, just a small note on the exclusivity of Canali to LC, this is not the case. I can tell you with 100% certainty that Brown Thomas Also carry Canali suits.

Now, the biggest issue, the tapering. When you taper a jacket you are going to alter the cut, obviously. Now this can sometimes turn out very bad. Perhaps consider a make that already has a tapered cut. If you are very slim, then the best Brand i would suggest is Paul Smith. Its a young man's suit. Although, it does depend on how much you intend to have it tapered. I'm simply saying that i would be slow to do it myself.

And I have worked in men's suiting before.

Cheers 4X, you've been a great help.
    Just on some of the issues...
    On the trousers im looking at two canali's. Both navy, one navy striped one plain. I know on the plain one picking up an extra pair of trousers shouldnt be a problem but the navy striped might be somewhat difficult. I do prefer the navy striped suit as it has a younger look i think.
    The reason im going canali is because ive always wanted one. I think it has a great fit and being my size its difficult to find an appropriate suit. A cheaper suit woould be fused and its not really the market im looking for. I know that suitable company have great deals going but this seems to be the case with most.
    I already have 2 narrow fit suits so the paul smith is not necessary. I was just going to get it tapered ever so slightly to give it a different look than straight off the rack. And anyway, and apologies if you own one, but paul smith suits are notorious for bad quality when it comes to suits. They're fused and overpriced due to brand mark up. A zara suit wud be much better value if thats what you have in mind.
    Like i said I have been saving to get a canali but I want a suit that i can get at least a year out of. maybe more. Is this realistic?
    I think the navy striped might be a bit lighter, i dont know if that means that i wont get as much wear out of it. The shop assistant suggested a yuste but i sort of have my heart set on this. Maybe its blinding my judgement.
    O decisions decisions...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I used to work in Coplelands, there should be a Canalli label near the cuff on the jacket, if not there will be a Canalli label somewhere on the garment.

And since you're so label-conscious, here's some info:

Louis Copeland is one of the finest menswear stores in Ireland,if not THE finest. People pay big bucks to have that label that you want to get rid of.

If you still want the LC label removed,ask the assistant,they usually carry stitch pickers around with them.

• Advertisement

lollipops23 you are a knob!!

yes they are a fine menswear retailer, thats why they parted companies with you. Any anyway i know its a ****ing canali suit you idiot. If you're gonna comment read the ****ing post!!

'Check down near the cuff for the canali label', duh! what are you, retarded??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

calm down op, you're the one who's worried that people wont know you're wearing a canali suit!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Shig wrote: »
    lollipops23 you are a knob!!

yes they are a fine menswear retailer, thats why they parted companies with you. Any anyway i know its a ****ing canali suit you idiot. If you're gonna comment read the ****ing post!!

'Check down near the cuff for the canali label', duh! what are you, retarded??

effing poser....and thanks for the assumtion that they sacked me,i actually moved on of my own accord asshole.
    also,i see that nearly all your previous posts are regarding posh suits. What a deep person you must be.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement