Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

commuting times to dublin

Options
  • 22-01-2008 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi all, new to this board but am thinking of relocating to drogheda, particularly looking around grange rath and deep forde estates. anyone know how long commuting times would be to drogheda in the mornings, say being into blanch for either 8.30 or even 8am?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Depends on how you go... are you driving or taking public transport?

Matthews coaches take about an hour to get from Drogheda to Dublin city centre (leaving from McDonalds Drive-Thru in the town). See: http://www.matthewscoach.com/matthews_website/timetable.html

Then you'll have to arrange to get a Dublin Bus from the city to Blanch. You're probably talking an hour and a half to an hour and three quarters in total.

If you're driving or car-pooling, its a much shorter journey from Drogheda to Blanch,- roughly 45 minutes or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 hoareni

I would be driving. However, people in the same company drive in from rush daily and that takes > 1hr.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

hoareni wrote: »
    Hi all, new to this board but am thinking of relocating to drogheda, particularly looking around grange rath and deep forde estates. anyone know how long commuting times would be to drogheda in the mornings, say being into blanch for either 8.30 or even 8am?

Thanks

From grange rath to Donabate turn off on the M1 trafficwould be ok , but after the donabate turn off , its pot luck the traffic volume onwards to the airport/m50 junction.
    Heading from grange rath area to blanchardstown, you should go cross country, onto the ashbourne bypass, and do the back road from Kellys timber across into Blanchardstown

Will take you the best part of the hour to get there in the mornings and about the same in the evenings
    Avoid the M50 and thats half the battle

• Registered Users Posts: 16 hoareni

thanks for that
    where exactly is kellys timber?
    I dont mind doing an hr travel, just when its getting to 1.5 hrs its getting crazy!

hoareni wrote: »
    thanks for that
    where exactly is kellys timber?
    I dont mind doing an hr travel, just when its getting to 1.5 hrs its getting crazy!

Its on the old N2 road into Dublin, about 1 mile or so before the finglas junction of the m50, if you are coming up the road you pass a statoil garage on your right, then you come to a junction, take a right there and its the back way into blanchardstown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

You could come off the M1 at the Donabate/Swords exit, come to the first roundabout for Swords and take the right turn (for Swords) off it - but instead of then turning right into Swords itself, head on straight and follow the signs for Ashbourne. You'll end up on a country back road but it'll take you via Kellys Timber to the N2 and AFAIK Blanch is signposted from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Another alternative is Drogheda->Duleek -> Ashbourne-N2. I believe this is the cross-country route andrew1977 is talking about. The road beside the Europa hotel will take you towards Duleek, opposite Grange Rath and down the road from the other place. Get off the N2 at Blanchardstown exit. That's where Kelly's timber is. Then follow road to Blanch. If you are working in any of the estates then you shouldn't have too much trouble. 45 mins to 1 hour. I'd recommend it over M1, more so because the Lissenhall (Skerries) exit in morning can be really bad.

is_that_so wrote: »
    Another alternative is Drogheda->Duleek -> Ashbourne-N2. I believe this is the cross-country route andrew1977 is talking about. The road beside the Europa hotel will take you towards Duleek, opposite Grange Rath and down the road from the other place. Get off the N2 at Blanchardstown exit. That's where Kelly's timber is. Then follow road to Blanch. If you are working in any of the estates then you shouldn't have too much trouble. 45 mins to 1 hour. I'd recommend it over M1, more so because the Lissenhall (Skerries) exit in morning can be really bad.

Yip thats the route i was trying to explain and would be the route i would take if i was heading to Blanchardstown for a daily commute.
    I am on the M1 every morning and after the Donabate turnoff ,its a nightmare, i come off at the airport to head towards Ballymun direction

I said it to lads in work the other day, the M1 is becoming the new M50.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭gipi

I travelled the N2 route earlier this week (from Drogheda to city centre) and it's not that great either....there was a queue of traffic at Kilmoon Cross trying to get onto the N2!

I'd say that 1 hr would be closer to the mark for Drog-Blanch than 45 mins for regular daytime commuting times.

For info, the Matthews buses (certainly the 8am and 8.30am) are taking anything from 1hr 15 - 1hr 30 these days because of the Whitehall gridlock.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭louthandproud

gipi wrote: »
    I travelled the N2 route earlier this week (from Drogheda to city centre) and it's not that great either....there was a queue of traffic at Kilmoon Cross trying to get onto the N2!

I'd say that 1 hr would be closer to the mark for Drog-Blanch than 45 mins for regular daytime commuting times.

For info, the Matthews buses (certainly the 8am and 8.30am) are taking anything from 1hr 15 - 1hr 30 these days because of the Whitehall gridlock.

I do Drogheda to Blanch every day in 45 Min max. Via N2 ---> Rathoath ---> Fairyhouse ----> N3.

Depends somewhat on where in Blanch you are going though, as morning traffic in and arround N3 exits can be cat!

• Advertisement
Advertisement