Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipod nano - stopped synching

Options
  • 22-01-2008 4:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭

I'm having an issue with my second generation ipod nano. When I hook it up to my ibook, it no longer shows up on the desktop, and no longer syncs with itunes to download new songs I've added to my library. All it does is recharge. It's as if the computer doesn't recognize that the ipod is even hooked up to it. This just started in the past week. I've restarted the ipod, restarted the computer, tried both USB ports, and made sure all of my applications are updated.
    I don't know if this is the computer's fault, the ipod's fault or the wire's fault.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭darraghrogan

Sounds like a dodgy one alright. Have you had a look at Apple's site:

http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/five_rs/nano/

if it still doesn't connect after the Reset, sounds like a connectvity issue. I'd try the nano with another computer, or try swapping the cable. if that still doesn't throw up the answer - maybe there's dust or lint causing connectivity problems at one of the connectors...

Darragh

Advertisement