Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pot hole vincent ave

Options
  • 21-01-2008 2:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭

left half my car in a crater on the bend going down vincent avenue. i hit it so hard that it blew my light as well. it's been there for an age and i usually try to avoid it but i forgot about it. given that it's one of the most well used routes in the town, and if i'm not mistaken the roads part of the council is somewhere behind the guards barracks, surely someone in the know would have put it on the top of the list for repair. do you think when my car fails the nct and i can't tax my car, the guards will take this into account!!!!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Get some photo's. Send any bill for damages into the County Council. You should get the tyre and the tracking checked after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Fixed now, nearly took out my sump on it the other week.
    Certainly not one of a kind around D'dalk but a particularly bad one in a hard to avoid place...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Dundalk Daily

Yes that was a big one, any joy with the council paying the bill ? I do know they used to pay out for a very large pot hole that did alot of damage on the Red Barns Rd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Passed it every day and I wouldn't say it was huge. Not acceptable certainly but there are many worse around town. Bill the Town Council as they have paisd up for many similar events.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Dundalk Daily

Just passed it yesterday and Im no expert but the "repair job" wont last very long given the amount of traffic that will go over it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement