Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8mth old Nintendo DS playing up....

Options
  • 21-01-2008 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

With a game inserted and then switched on, it keeps saying there is no game inserted. Anyone shed light as to why?? I do have receipts and original box, so can go back. Thanks alot.:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

There could be some dust in the slot, happens to me too.
    Just take out the cartridge, blow in the slot and try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,014 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

If what Mr E says doesn't work bring it back, it still should be under warranty and you should get a shiney new one out of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

If what Mr E says doesn't work bring it back, it still should be under warranty and you should get a shiney new one out of it!

Doubtful,it will probably just be sent off for repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

mumof2 wrote: »
    With a game inserted and then switched on, it keeps saying there is no game inserted. Anyone shed light as to why?? I do have receipts and original box, so can go back. Thanks alot.:(

is this only one game that it's happening on, or is it happening with all games you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

I tried the dust thing/blowing into it. but it still didn't do the trick. Only after turning it on and off at least 10 times, and changing the game cartridge, did the original one work afterwards again. So its not the cartridge either. Unfortunately I cant do no more today/tonight, as she has left it at school. (its safe behind lock and key TG). Will try tomoro eve when she gets back and see how it is, otherwise will hunt out receipts and take it back.
    thanks for your replies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement