Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting to access db on live site server

Options
  • 21-01-2008 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have been upgrading my aunts website and have changed it to .net.

When it was classic asp i used a dsn to connect to the db.

Now it is .net i am unsure how to specify the path to the db. I have put the db in the app_data folder and i can connect to it locally using the following:
    <add key="dbConnection" value="Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=C:\\data\\mj.mdb;Persist Security Info=False;"/>

I now want to place the site live but im unsure what path to specify in the datasource for the db?

The existing dsn looks like the following, in case it helps
    DefaultDir=\\10.10.10.25\www\m\i\d\www.thesite.com

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭FindingNemo

grahamor wrote: »
    Hi,

I have been upgrading my aunts website and have changed it to .net.

When it was classic asp i used a dsn to connect to the db.

Now it is .net i am unsure how to specify the path to the db. I have put the db in the app_data folder and i can connect to it locally using the following:
    <add key="dbConnection" value="Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=C:\\data\\mj.mdb;Persist Security Info=False;"/>

I now want to place the site live but im unsure what path to specify in the datasource for the db?

The existing dsn looks like the following, in case it helps
    DefaultDir=\\10.10.10.25\www\m\i\d\www.thesite.com

Thanks

www.connectionstrings.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

The database your connecting to is a .mdb - thats Access 2003 and prior. The connection string you are using is for an Access 2007 database - which is a accdb file NOT mdb.

Check the above link and use the earlier access connection string and not the 2007 string.

Advertisement