Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sanyo TV - AV Channels

Options
  • 21-01-2008 2:11am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey..

Quick question. I have a small Sanyo CRT TV in the room. Trying to hook up the PS2 using the CRT connection with the three inputs (Red, White and Yellow).

However when I go to the AV channel the film remains in black and white. I cant see to change AV Channels - it seems to have only one.

The model of the TV is C14EA90E and I can not find the manual for it.

Suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

It sounds like your PS2 is set to a display mode your TV doesn't recognise, if you go into the menu on it (I think you have to switch it on without a disc in) it'll give you display options you can try changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

or the tv is set to s-video, is there a button to change it from video to s-video??

adam

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

big_moe wrote: »
    or the tv is set to s-video, is there a button to change it from video to s-video??

adam
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

I know that AV2 has two settings AV and AV-s(s video) as mentioned above.
    Most Sanyos change their AV settings via the colour text buttons. Green controls AV2 and when pressed it will change between video and s-video.

So long since I touched my ps2 but isn't there a little switch on the lead coming out of the ps2 that could also affect the picture.:confused:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I know that AV2 has two settings AV and AV-s(s video) as mentioned above.
    Most Sanyos change their AV settings via the colour text buttons. Green controls AV2 and when pressed it will change between video and s-video.

Those buttons don't do anything.

Now these TVs are set up in "Hotel Mode" cause its a guest house for a few months of the year, and I move out into another building.. but I cant even find the manual for it. Not even sure if it affects it, we have it set for the volume..

• Advertisement
    byte

Just thinking of another thing now too, on many of the last Sanyo CRT's there was a button near the top, that changed the TV mode from PAL to NTSC to Auto etc. Maybe it's set to NTSC or something?

You might have problems if the telly is in Hotel Mode. I can find out about accessing Hotel Mode settings at work, as there's probably an old manual lying around.

What model is the TV btw?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

byte wrote: »
    Just thinking of another thing now too, on many of the last Sanyo CRT's there was a button near the top, that changed the TV mode from PAL to NTSC to Auto etc. Maybe it's set to NTSC or something?

No such button on my TV.. Buttons for colour, memeory, channel and volume.
    You might have problems if the telly is in Hotel Mode. I can find out about accessing Hotel Mode settings at work, as there's probably an old manual lying around.

What model is the TV btw?

C14EA90E ;)

byte

I'm not familiar with that model, but all is not lost.

http://www.sanyo.co.uk/download/1350579.pdf

Page 21 of the manual shows how to turn off the Hotel mode.

Damn, I searched the Manual section of that site and it said it couldnt find the bloody thing. Ill test it out, thanks.

stevenmu wrote: »
    It sounds like your PS2 is set to a display mode your TV doesn't recognise, if you go into the menu on it (I think you have to switch it on without a disc in) it'll give you display options you can try changing.

Tried this, makes no difference if I change settings :(

Made no difference at all :\

Note: When the PS2 stats up the startup screen is always in colour but when it starts to read the data of the disc it decides to go black and white. Not sure if this makes a difference?

• Advertisement
Advertisement