Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gmail Notifier

Options
  • 20-01-2008 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

There must be a simple answer to this but I can't find it.

How do you sign out of Gmail notifier? My friend borrowed my laptop yesterday to check his emails. He signed into Gmail notifier using his login details as well as using the browser. When I got the laptop back off him he was still logged into gmail notifier. I thought when I restarted it it would sign out and ask me to log back in, but now every time the computer starts gmail notifier logs into his gmail account and I cannot log into mine. How do I log out?

The wierd thing is when I usually use Gmail notifier I get annoyed that it always asks me to press ok on the username and password screen when I start it up. I always curse it for not logging in automatically. Now it is not asking for username and password before logging in, it just logs in automatically to his account.

Any help?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Google should really spend some time on improving this. I used to use it but didn't like the way it signed me in automatically on start up, without the option of logging in each time using your password. Considering the amount of information they are encouraging you to use Gmail to manage, you'd really think they'd make the notifier more secure. If someone got their hands on your laptop and just booted it up, they could have full access to your email account without any need for a password.

On top of that, the problem you are having too shows that they haven't put any further thought into improving the app. Maybe there's a better alternative?

You could uninstall it and reinstall it I guess. Or have you tried clicking 'Sign Out' when it opens your friends email?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

Right click on the tray icon. Then click sign out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Peter B

pinksoir wrote: »
    Right click on the tray icon. Then click sign out.

No option for signout when I right click on the icon on system tray.

May have to look into the uninstalling and reinstalling.

When I click "View inbox" it either goes to the Gmail login page (If i'm not logged in) or my inbox (If I am logged in).

If I click "Tell me again" it flashed up all of my friends unread emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

That is weird. Try reinstalling I'd say.

Advertisement