Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wii and 3G Datamodems...

Options
  • 20-01-2008 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭

I'm getting one of those 3G USB Datamodem thingies for my laptop. Somebody's insisting to me that I can connect it directly to the Nintendo Wii for online use, but that sounds dubious to me. It's not really a factor in getting the thing, but I was curious anyway. You guys know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

yes you can.if you get the ethernet usb adapter and use internet connection sharing on your computer then connect your computer to the ethernet adapter you've got the internet on the wii. I did this a couple of weeks a =go with my wii and ps3. Downloaded some vc games and it worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭QuadLeo

Can you do this using wifi? For example if the modem is connected to my laptop via usb and my laptop's wifi is on, can the wii use the internet conncection sharing tool over wifi?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Im not sure , but i dont think so.

Advertisement