Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will we get new maps for Route66?

Options
  • 19-01-2008 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭

Here it says latest UK & Ireland Navteq maps are 2008-1, yet the R66 maps are ancient at Q2 2006.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭blobert

I'd be interested to know about this myself if anyone has any ideas...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Yeah me too ... wonder if it will ever happen :confused:

I see the "latest" Q2, 2007 now come with the Chicago Mini, so I wonder why they don't sell them seperately. Can't find them anywhere on the internet.

Begining to regret getting a device that doesn't seem to be updateable:(

Have emailed Route 66, will let you know if I get anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

i know that the mobile version uses the latest maps (route66 mobile8)

• Advertisement

Route 66 said:

"The map version that comes with the new Mini / Maxi devices is 2007 Q2. These units actually run on a different software version (Navigate 8).

It is likely that these maps will also be available for the Chicago units, but I cannot indicate an exact date or which software version they will come with as this information is not currently available.

All the information on the Chicago map updates will be available on our site when they are available. "

They are very quick to reply to emails, if only they were quick to launch updates.

If some of you email them as well to imply there is lots of interest, then perhaps it will speed things along.

Incidently would it be possible to install the software of another maker ie TomTom on the Chicago device and then use their maps?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

i have the mini, running 2007 Q2 maps. Hopefully they will update soon, sent them a mail to help the cause.

Btw
    you can download a few things while youre waiting ....
    there is a update to the mini / maxi firmware available on the r66 website, latest is 1.7.1.9
    Also you can download the latest version of route66 sync for the pc

i also downloaded a few free travel guides and the BMW colour scheme ( its nice, and only costs 99c)

Lastly, i went to the extras folder and downloaded a GUI update, its basically a new splash screen at startup, and a whole new set of menu icons. But the icons are now re-arranged in a slightly different order on the screens. no big deal

Unfortunately while the 2007 Q2 maps are available for the newer Mini and Maxi devices they are not available for my Chicago 8000 unit. The Mini and Maxi run on Navigate 8 whereas the Chicago run on Navigate 7. Frankly I see no reason why the Chicago couldn't run the Navigate 8 software and maps, but I am not able to get the software, it doesn't seem to be available anywhere. Am going to look into installing TomTom or other software on to my Chicago, I'd be happy to stick with Route 66 if they made updates available but I'm fed up of the lack of up to date maps (Drove up to Belfast the other day and I seemed to be driving in the middle of a desert with no roads according to my SatNav:)

It seems the Q2 2007 maps are available on the website now for the Chicago Series.

http://66.com/route66/products.php?cid=UK&sec=3&ssec=1&prodid=3506

€120 seems a bit pricey for maps that are a year old though...

Anyone going to get these?

Advertisement