Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please Help! Broken 5.5g Ipod!!

Options
  • 19-01-2008 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭

Hi.

I have a 5.5g 80gb ipod just over a year old, i turned it on a few days ago and tried to play a video but it stalled, so i reset it, after the reset it booted up fine, but all my music was gone!!! (Thats 10000 songs i lost and numerous videos!!!) i put the ipod into diagnostics mode and now the computer wont even recognise the ipod, it comes up as a 'portable music player' and it says it not 'windows formatted' and ipod wizard says its mac formatted, which is impossible as its never been near a mac!today the hardrive is making weird noises and it takes almost 10mins to reset after going into disk mode. I had aa browse around the web and came across this, http://lowendmac.com/zisman/06/0911.html

heres a summary basically sometimes if you open up your ipod the problem could just be a loose wire??? anyone have an experience with this??? and is there anywhere in Cork I could bring it for someone to have a look at it??? I REALLY DONT WANT TO LOOSE MY MUSIC!!

If you have any help, post a comment!!:(:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

yeah sometimes opening it and giving it a clean can work it did for me and i know it did for some other people on here as well. but once you open it you void any warranty so it's really only a last resort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Dregon

abcxyz123 wrote: »
    Hi.

I have a 5.5g 80gb ipod just over a year old, i turned it on a few days ago and tried to play a video but it stalled, so i reset it, after the reset it booted up fine, but all my music was gone!!! (Thats 10000 songs i lost and numerous videos!!!)
    If you have any help, post a comment!!:(:(

Just because the Songs/videos didn't show up after you have the reset the ipod doesn't necessarily mean that they have been removed from the hard drive of your iPod.

It has happened with my old 3G ipod that I''ve reset it, no music appeared, would reset it again and it would be back.
    abcxyz123 wrote:
    today the hardrive is making weird noises and it takes almost 10mins to reset after going into disk mode.
    This could be a sign that your hard-drive is a bit wonky, so I doubt that you have a loose wire inside your iPod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭abcxyz123

Dregon wrote: »

It has happened with my old 3G ipod that I''ve reset it, no music appeared, would reset it again and it would be back.

Thats the first thing i did, I tried reseting it again, still no music.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Im having problems with my 5.5g ipod myself, luckily Im still under warenty but I did a bit of nosing around and found this . It seems like a simple enough operation to carry out. I dodnt think It will fix mien but yours sounds like a suitable candidate

Advertisement