Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG M228WA TV/monitor won't display bios screen

Options
  • 19-01-2008 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

I recently purchased an LG M228WA combo TV/monitor.

It's great, except for one thing, it doesn't display the BIOS (boot) screen of any PC or laptop I plug into it. I have tried a Dell GX150, Dell D400 as well some older PCs I have lying around. I am using the VGA cable provided with the monitor (plugged into what LG calls the RGB slot - standard VGA connection)

When the PC or laptop boots up the LG M228WA displays a lot of horizontal line of different colours and then when the PC or laptop gets to the windows login screen the LG M228WA displays the screen correctly.

LG Support have been useless, they are coming up with silly suggestions like "Press F2", which is a great suggestion as it does indeed bring up the BIOS screen but only if I plug in a different monitor!

Does anyone have any ideas? I like the monitor but I will have to return it if I cannot sort this out.

cheers,
    GKL

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Could be the monitor doesn't support the resolution that the bios is displayed at, but works fine with the resolution windows is set at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 goingtokl

I thought of that but I am sure I would be getting an "Out of Sync" or "Out of Range" errors (as happened when I push the refresh rate and resolution too far) instead of horizontal lines.

Advertisement