Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Susan Sto Helit

Options
  • 19-01-2008 11:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I'm just wondering how did Susan manage to get death's powers.Has anyone thought of it?Because Susan is a adopted granddaughter of death.

Please reply because I know I'm not the only one thinking how she inherited thee powers!

Lea

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

These things sometimes skip a generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

This is widely discussed in the books.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

Isn't it similar to the way the non-magic books in the UU library can absorb magical properties? Magic oozes out and affects things around it? Susan was affected via a sort of metaphysical genetics (?)

I haven't read 'Soul Music' in ages, so can't remember what exactly was written, but I remember there was plenty of explanation in that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It is due to the ammount of time her mother lived in death's realm.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

That and the presence of narrativium would do the trick.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Thaedydal wrote: »
    It is due to the ammount of time her mother lived in death's realm.

Didn't it also have something to do with Mort being Death's apprentice?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Didn't it also have something to do with Mort being Death's apprentice?

Therefore having Deaths powers and passing them to his daughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

I agree. I think that Susan more than likely inherited her powers from her father rather than her mother.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

The same way she inherited the scar on her face. Discworld genetics meets naritivium.

Advertisement