Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my ipod touch does not have a 'photos' tab

Options
  • 19-01-2008 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

ok.. to be clear I'm getting to grips using my ipod touch... (i used to have a cheap mp3 player that wasnt restricted in its use like the ipod touch so its all new to me) and its behaving very well so far......however....
    when i plug my touch into itunes...(i use a pc)
    itunes gives me tabs on the left saying:
    music
    movies
    tv
    podcasts
    radio

and in devices my ipod touch says:
    music
    movies
    tv
    and then my playlists...
    i have searched.. there is no 'photos' tab....
    ???

how do i sync photos from my computer to my ipod touch???:confused:

by the by... my touch does have a 'photos' tab on the machine itself.... its just a problem ive encountered through itunes on my pc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭next

which ipod have you ?

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

ipod touch :/

sorry about that trying to do to many things at once
    Click File( top left corner)
    scroll down hit sync ipod
    then it gives you a choice of what you what to sync
    page that opens is the summary/music /movies/ photos/ click photos and the away you go

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭coldenmean

ok just cause im paranoid here.. i have a laptop and a pc both with different music of mine on it... if i click file and then sync.. it wont automatically sync and delete stuff from my ipod? it will bring up the options first.. right?
    (i have it set to manual sync already... im just worried that hours of work (uploading.. finding and uploading album art etc) will be deleted
    thanks for your help so far
    gotta love the boards ;)

coldenmean wrote: »
    ok just cause im paranoid here.. i have a laptop and a pc both with different music of mine on it... if i click file and then sync.. it wont automatically sync and delete stuff from my ipod? it will bring up the options first.. right?
    yes

• Advertisement

thank you next ;)
    *goes to route out some pics*

np glad to help
    oh one more thing, I can't get my ipod to work on both( laptop & pc) even tho I have them both set to manual,

ok it didnt work.... my ipod touch and itunes on my pc just said 'syncing' my ipod.. and then finished getting to know each other with no results.... although my worst fears didnt come true and everything is still there.. i never got any options to select anything to sync....
    in case it makes a difference... when i went to click it .. it didnt say 'sync ipod'
    it said sync(the name i gave to my ipod)'s ipod...
    what to do now???

ok well to your last reply... mine works well on both.. i just downloaded itunes freshly on to both... (got rid of a version i had yonks ago before) and they both seem to like it... downloaded music to ipod touch easily on both so far... i use xp home..
    if that makes any difference?

gimme a sec and I'll try something

• Advertisement

*waits while next fiddles around with itunes* ;)

ok when sync was complete did a window open to show summary ?

nopes... as i said.. ive it set to manual so when it 'syncs' it more so affiliates itself with my ipod.... and then i get to amend what i want to....
    and when i clicked file, (in the upper left corner) then chose sync my "insertnameofipodhere)'s ipod"
    it just 'synced' ... nothing happened on the screen...then or after......

I'v got mine set to manual but it shows summary I'll post a pic to show you what your looking for

thank f**k for screen grabs... thats all i have to say..
    and thank you next
    :D
    x0x

np sorry I didnt explain it better

i now have pics on my itouch.... thanks :D

excellent !

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

The iPod Touch, apart from doing about 100 other things, also makes a very good digital photo frame. Get the included stand, turn the ipod sidewards, start a slideshow (it works better if repeat is turned on in the settings) and it will display away. It doesn't even look odd being an iPod, it looks the deal. Try it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement