Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

logmein.com .. trials have expired

Options
  • 18-01-2008 7:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

have been using logmein.com for a while and find it great .. but now I can't deploy to remote PC's with email because my trials have expired.

Do they periodically announce new trials ? Or do you have to buy after

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,106 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

zod wrote: »
    have been using logmein.com for a while and find it great .. but now I can't deploy to remote PC's with email because my trials have expired.

Do they periodically announce new trials ? Or do you have to buy after

Wouldn't it be easier to just install the free edition?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

Spear wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be easier to just install the free edition?

You can't send out the free edition links via email, to my knowledge.

I was sending out trials of higher products and downgrading .. can you tell me the steps in sending out the free links ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,106 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It can't be that much harder to just direct people to the site and get them to install it and give you the account details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

Spear wrote: »
    It can't be that much harder to just direct people to the site and get them to install it and give you the account details.

It doesn't associate with my account (which is the way logmein works ) if you do it like that.

unless I'm mistaken, do you have experience of doing it that way?

It doesn't associate with my account (which is the way logmein works ) if you do it like that.

unless I'm mistaken, do you have experience of doing it that way?

I've gotten people to sign up and install the plugin then tell me the account details so I can connect.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

You can't send out the free edition links via email, to my knowledge.

I was sending out trials of higher products and downgrading .. can you tell me the steps in sending out the free links ?

I've sent free edition links via email.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

If you register a free account for the customer, you can set it up so that you are a secondary administrator.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Goto Add Computer.

Choose the free option.

When the process to download the install begins, choose to save it to your PC instead.

The downloaded file will have an Ext of .MSI

You can attach it to an email & send it that way.

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement