Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CS350 digidialer

Options
  • 18-01-2008 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi Folks,

I have a Aritech CS350 alarm panel and I would like to fit a dialer to this to diall my mobile when my alarm activates. I have been advised that I need an "aritech TD 8812 dialer" and an "aritech RD 5045N voice module". Is this correct and would anyone know how these units are fitted and are they easily programed?

Regards Jox.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

What you need is one of these http://www.diy-alarms.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=219 I have put loads of these in and they're great. You can get these in gardiner security in ballymount for about 120 yo yo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 joxer1

Thanks for your help Fred Funk, and I will probably go that route, but I am still wondering does anyone know how to fit the aritech parts? A neighbour of mine has both parts but is unable to fit them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I never fitted one of their Voice modules but I installed many TD8812, You have to wire the keypad through the dialler in order to programme it.
    I installed a voice module onto a CS250 a few years ago and it was a nightmare.

Save yourself the grief and get one of those above, they're great. They have two programmable outputs, which can be programmed to disarm the alarm remotely if required. The have a listen in mode so you listen to your house after you disarm. They are piss easy to install, send me a PM if like when you're doing it and I'll help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

I installed a voice module onto a CS250 a few years ago and it was a nightmare.
    Me too. It drove me nuts! They did not seem to last much after the warrenty had expired either!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 joxer1

Thanks for your help, I think I will take the easy route.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

I'm not a fan of voice diallers but I have installed a few if the cs350 dialler/module and have had no problems to date. I found it very easy to set up. I can't say that about others on the market.
    The pyronix unit is probably the best of them all

I'm not a fan of voice diallers
    Just wondering, why? If
    I found it very easy to set up
    and
    have had no problems to date
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

fishdog wrote: »
    Just wondering, why? If and :confused:

You are quoting out of context.
    Voice diallers in general. Most professional installers will favour monitoring

To date I have not had any problems with aritech diallers, can't say that about the rest

If you had trouble installing that simple dialler then maybe you should give it up

You are quoting out of context.
    Sorry, that was not my intention.
    Most professional installers will favour monitoring
    I assume you mean monitoring by a monitoring station, rather than self monitoring (the alarm rings you directly rather than the alarm ringing a middle man that then rings you).

Of course "professional installers" are in favour of using a monitoring station, it is very lucrative!

This is how it works:
    The customer pays the installer every year (service contract) and the customer pays the monitoring company every year (monitoring fee). But here is the great bit (for the installer, not the customer), the monitoring company also pays the installer a commission every year!!

IMHO with a residential premises paying someone all that money to ring you if your alarm is going off is crazy, when you can get the alarm to ring you directly for the price of a phone call!

I have had sevral alarms I installed inspected and approved by the Gardai and none are connected to a monitoring station.
    If you had trouble installing that simple dialler then maybe you should give it up
    Thats not very nice! For your information I do not do this for a living. Working as an electrician in the past I did many intruder alarms. I refuse to join the PSA (a matter of principle) so I only do the occasional alarm now, so in a sense I have given it up.

I installed an Aritech voice dialler once and found the instructions (or lack of them) very confusing. However I managed to get it working. Since the I found it much better (quicker, easier and cheaper) to use another alarm system, the Astec 63DV. The voice dialler is already connected.

Advertisement