Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best App for Music?

Options
  • 18-01-2008 8:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, what's the best application for managing your music and playing it? My laptop comes with Windows Media Player but I'm thinking of maybe Winamp? Answers on a postcard!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

That's simple: iTunes !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

This is also worth a try MusikCube

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

+1 for musikcube.

WMP11 is a really good player itself tho.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Not another one of these threads.... Foobar2000 is what i use... link in sig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

jmccrohan wrote: »
    Not another one of these threads.... Foobar2000 is what i use... link in sig

+1

I find iTunes quite good as well for keeping your files neatly arranged, but it gts very slow for me when my library gets large-ish.

• Advertisement

Sean_K wrote: »
    +1

I find iTunes quite good as well for keeping your files neatly arranged, but it gts very slow for me when my library gets large-ish.

Hmmm i never noticed that, i've over 100 gigs on an external drive and never noticed it slowing, u sure your computer doesn't need a tune up ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Oh it does, the one I'm running it on where I notice the slowness is an AMD 1.4 GHz with 384MB RAM I think, but I still think that iTunes should run no bother on that sort of spec.

Could be your ram, i used to run it on my old computer which was only 800 Mhz or whatever it was pentium 1 with 512 ram and it used to be ok.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Sean_K wrote: »
    +1

That a +1 for fb2k or cause we have too many of these threads? ;)

Advertisement