Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st Aid Training

Options
  • 18-01-2008 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

Hi, just thought i'd post a thread about 1st Aid.

Would you know what to do if someone was choking?
    Would you know what to do if somone collapsed?
    Would you know what to do if someone had a heart attack?

St.John Ambulance Brigade is running a course starting on Jan 22. Tel 01 6688077 for more details or www.sjab.ie

Best part of joinng is constant training, putting your training in to practice and being part of a friendly, fun organisation.

It's only a few hours a week and it IS voluntary.:)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Sounds good. Are these run regularly (Im out of the country for a while).
    Also, what is the average age? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭sgt.bilko

The courses are run on average twice a year in HQ (Leeson Street D4) but local Divisions may be running a course in between these courses.

The average age can vary but 20-25 would be a guesstimate.

What part of the country are you normally in ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I did that course with the St John a few years ago and it was super. It was particularly useful when I woman fell down choking a few years ago. I saved her life while everyone stood back not knowing what to do. The fire engine arrived first - in nine minutes, quickly followed by the ambulance. Only for my basic training, she was a gonner for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭sgt.bilko

Hi Superscouse!

I know you did that course 'cos we were never so busy :rolleyes:

Advertisement