Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MA Finance NCI

Options
  • 17-01-2008 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hey,

Anyone done this course or got any info on it. I would just like to know how well its regarded and especially be interested if anyone has done it who's background was not in Finance.

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

As an actual finance course its pretty weak on the finance. NCI is probably hoping to cash in on its location.

DIT, TCD, UCD and DCU all do much better postgrad courses

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 261 ✭✭blucey

damnyanks wrote: »
    As an actual finance course its pretty weak on the finance. NCI is probably hoping to cash in on its location.

DIT, TCD, UCD and DCU all do much better postgrad courses
    Indeed, as damnyanks says, there are probably better regarded courses elsewhere. TCD offer a Masters in finance that doesnt require a deep finance background. Dont know bout the others, but check their websites

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 careeradvise

I am applying for the Msc in TCD. There are limited places on that course so I wanted to apply for another one as well. Plus there are other problems with the course at TCD. I cannot afford to go back to University on a full time basis so would need to do that course part time. The part time schedule would require support from your employer as it involves being in college in the afternoons. So if i got a place i would need to find an employer who would have a vested interest in me doing that course and allow me the time off.

I have looked at the other universities and the only other suitable one would be a course at DIT which is only on a full time basis.

I'll apply for TCD anyway.

Thanks for the feedback.

Advertisement