Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting home location on Airis T920

Options
  • 17-01-2008 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine has the Airis T920 satnav (with route 66 software)
    which he purchased about 6months ago.

He called over last night and wanted me to setup his home location
    on the unit. It looked like someone else had already tried to setup
    his home location for him by typing in the location. On my Garmin
    Nuvi 360 the home location is set by actually bookmarking the
    location when you are physically "at the location". Is it possible on
    the Airis to do the same or is limited to recording the location
    on a coarser scale by typing in a location (which might be several
    hundreds of meters if not more inaccurate).

--ifc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,805 ✭✭✭✭cormie

It's best not to mark your exact address incase your car is stolen or your GPS is stolen and they come back for the car keys. As long as it's a in the region it should be fine? If he wants to navigate home, it'll still bring him the same route and he should know his way from the point it brings him to? :)

I don't think what you want to do is possible by the looks of things anyway:o

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

It is possible to do this on the airis. May depend on sw version that you have. You'll have to have a gps signal at the time to do it too. You just need to go into favourites and there's an option to set a home address. You can then choose point on map or current location etc.

On that note, could someone please repost how to update the sw on this thing in english? Tried before and borked it recently. Had worked fine months ago. Silly me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,805 ✭✭✭✭cormie

on that note, where can I find the latest version of the maps? I'm still using the supplied maps that I got with mine when I ordered it in Dec 2006. Could really do with an update!

Advertisement