Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do taxi firms need to have websites now?

Options
  • 17-01-2008 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

I was having a chat via email with a friend there, and he was telling me that there is some new taxi regulation (or one about to come in) that means taxi companies need to have a website.

I did a quick google and can't find anything about it. Has anyone heard of this or is it some rather pointless urban myth?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

The only info I have been able to find on the Taxi Regulators site is about licensing, complaints and provision of Wheel Chair Accessable Taxis.

Wouldn't think a Taxi firm would need a web site to be honest, too open to crank bookings....

From the TR's site re. Despatch Operators
    Other operational standards will apply and these include:

The provision of a booking system which is accessible to people with disabilities such as fax, e-mail and text booking facilities;

Training for management and staff, including customer care and training in assisting people with disabilities;

Registration with the Commission for Taxi Regulation and provision of information on service providers and drivers affiliated to their operation. Based on the information supplied, the Commission for Taxi Regulation will put in place a register of accessible services to assist people with disabilities to access services;

Procedures to ensure that all affiliated drivers and vehicles are properly licensed and compliant;

Preparation and implementation of a Health & Safety statement;

Branding of affiliated taxis;

Compliance with all relevant legislation;

Proper information and record management;

A complaints procedure.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭dublin2galway

Thanks for the info spook. Yeah, seemed a bit far fetched but mate was adamant so thought I'd check the world of wisdom (i.e. boards)

Advertisement