Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jumpy Mouse

Options
  • 17-01-2008 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

Hi all i'm wondering if someone could help me with my jumpy mouse. Sometimes when i have the pointer near something on my screen it suddenly for no reason jumps to somewhere else, i'm thinking maybe my graphics card isn't good enough for what i'm doing with the computer, ie i have charts up and sometimes the charts don't show up properly and i have to restart the program also web pages with a lot of java on them take a while to load and tend to slow or stop other web pages i've open until the jave page is fully loaded.

There's no viruses or spyware on the computer that i know of, i regularly check for these and i also regularly defrag the harddrive.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Try reinstalling your graphics drivers, and the program you are having problems with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Zorba wrote: »
    Hi all i'm wondering if someone could help me with my jumpy mouse. Sometimes when i have the pointer near something on my screen it suddenly for no reason jumps to somewhere else, i'm thinking maybe my graphics card isn't good enough for what i'm doing with the computer, ie i have charts up and sometimes the charts don't show up properly and i have to restart the program also web pages with a lot of java on them take a while to load and tend to slow or stop other web pages i've open until the jave page is fully loaded.

There's no viruses or spyware on the computer that i know of, i regularly check for these and i also regularly defrag the harddrive.

Thanks in advance

Is your mouse an LCD mouse (red light rather than a mouse ball)? If so what surface are you using it on?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭listermint

also have you attempted using another mouse to test?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Wicknight wrote: »
    Is your mouse an LCD mouse (red light rather than a mouse ball)? If so what surface are you using it on?

Yes it has and i use a proper mouse mat for it, used it on my old computer which had a better graphics card and never had any problems.

Will try reinstalling the graphics drivers and if that doesn't work i'll try the usb mouse i got with the computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Ok i tried reinstalling the drivers and it was ok till i had a few applications open along with some webpages and it started doing it's little jumps again. So went looking around my Bios settings and noticed the video card was only set at 64mb so put it up to 256 mb and it seems a lot better, no more jumpy mouse. Thing is though there's only a 64 mb memory on the card ! Think i should really look at getting a better one ?

Anyone know any websites that can check my computer and tell me what graphics card i can put in it ? Know it's a Pci card but are they all the same or ? Tried to put a better card in it before but the card was too big, not sure what type it was.

• Advertisement
Advertisement