Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

asp.net question

Options
  • 17-01-2008 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

i have a question regarding asp.net
    i converted a html page into an asp page using a html -asp.net page converter,

i am trying to run the page,from a saved location on the computer, but it seems like its trying to connect to a server.
    i just need to know where to find the settings or whatever, to get the page to open on a eb browser!!!
    it builds fine, theres no problem there, but when i go to run it, it doesnt open, this is was appears on the web browser:

ERROR

The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://localhost:1865/WebSite6/ContactUs.asp
    The following error was encountered:
    • Connection Failed
    The system returned:
    (111) Connection refused The remote host or network may be down. Please try the request again.
    Your cache administrator is helpdesk@ucc.ie.

Generated Thu, 17 Jan 2008 13:28:27 GMT by ccproxy2.ucc.ie (squid/2.5.STABLE10)

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 351 ✭✭ron_darrell

Don't know a huge amount of asp.net but for testing on the local computer you will need some sort of webserver. The Web Developer Express from MS has a built in server that it loads when you're testing the code. So you have two options: get a webserver that can handle .Net (IIS in WinXP Pro can take it - not sure about Vista - or as already mentioned the built in server with MS-WDE) or get some webspace that allows .Net apps, upload the code and run it.

Best of luck
    -RD

Advertisement