Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disk not formatted?

Options
  • 16-01-2008 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭

I've got an irritating problem at the moment. I opened my PC case to see if I had a firwire connection on the mobo and when I closed the case and restarted the PC I was getting 'Invalid system disk - replace and hit any key'. I solved this by changing the boot sequence in BIOS and my PC boots fine now but the disk that was giving the previous error says that its not formatted. The disk is a Samsung Spinpoint and gave me no problems up till now. Windows sees it no problem as does the BIOS but it seems to believe it's not formatted even though I have data on it!
    Any suggestiosn appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

As an update to my problem I checked the drive under Disk Management and it says that the file system is RAW? It only claims to be 180GB even though the drive is 500gb. The 180gb could be the amont of data thats on it.

Advertisement