Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Miss Having an Electric Shower

Options
  • 16-01-2008 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭

Since leaving home many years ago I've lived in 5 different apartments. Only one of those had an electric shower and my god do I miss it. A never ending stream of hot water at a perfect temperature. I really miss it because I usually spend ages balancing the hot tap against the cold only for the hot water to run out a few minutes into the shower.

What's the one 'thing' you guys have had in the past that you no longer have now and really miss?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Transformer Watch, Full time personal slave (Hi Mam) and Umbilical Cord.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Username!

Also the electric shower... man I loved it. So so powerful and you really feel clean afterwards.

Right now in this apartment, I'm missing my washing machine / dryer combo... so useful - just chuck it on at night when I'm sleeping... lovely warm clothes to wear on those cold mornings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

My virginity.

I hate the electric shower in my house. The pressure is terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,997 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

eo980 wrote: »
    Since leaving home many years ago I've lived in 5 different apartments. Only one of those had an electric shower and my god do I miss it. A never ending stream of hot water at a perfect temperature. I really miss it because I usually spend ages balancing the hot tap against the cold only for the hot water to run out a few minutes into the shower.

What's the one 'thing' you guys have had in the past that you no longer have now and really miss?

At least you won't get electrocuted, or be lying dead and charred on the tiles with an Afro hair-style.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,977 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

could care less about the electric shower - lived in the states long enough: try explaining an electric shower to an A-typical american and see what look you get.

I miss the great home cooking. Living in digs... just isnt the same. scammers.

Heat is also missed terribly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Photi

Username! wrote: »
    just chuck it on at night when I'm sleeping... lovely warm clothes to wear on those cold mornings.

Aren't we lucky we don't have to worry about en energy awareness anymore.

Oh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

I miss having the imagination I had when I was a child.

The endless hours of fun you could get with toy soldiers and what not.

Also: My MASK rhino truck: http://toyarchive.com/STAForSale/NEW2001+/M.A.S.K./Rhino1a.jpg I used to have it in grey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Overheal wrote: »
    could care less about the electric shower

You "couldn't" care less?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I miss having a bath... Haven't had one in the house for about 10 years. Only chance I got to have one in that time was in a hotel in Paris during the summer. It were great.

(yes I do have a shower)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

orla wrote: »
    My virginity.

I'm waiting for someone to say "you can have mine."

I miss having a radio that works properly, my house has turned into a dead-zone these last few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i miss showers with ... dammit, the word escapes me... hoses! is that it? showers you can actually movewith your hands, and angle properly. lived in two houses over here and all you have is the shower head which is about big enough to clench a fist around, and it can be moved ever so slightly left, right, up or down. absolutely useless when i was after dying my hair and had to kinda just step into the shower tray and throw myhead in under it (wiht my clothes on) for it to reach different sections of my head.

Ovens that get hot.
    Bathrooms that magically clean themselves.
    Comfortable mattresses.
    Silence and privacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭microgirl

Overheal wrote: »
    could care less about the electric shower - lived in the states long enough: try explaining an electric shower to an A-typical american and see what look you get.

Do they not have power/electric showers in the States?! Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

i never had one in my house but want one badly!

eh i miss my old gaff

Moved out cos my mam is nuts, with my dad now, great but we're in a bungalow that i hate!

Oh how i aspire to be blessed with an electric shower soon......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Ah American showers are too powerful, nearly take a layer off the skin. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

eo980 wrote: »

Feckin' Polish and their third world ways. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

DaveMcG wrote: »
    I miss having a bath... Haven't had one in the house for about 10 years. Only chance I got to have one in that time was in a hotel in Paris during the summer. It were great.

(yes I do have a shower)

o dear you have only had 1 bath in 10 years :(

Varkov wrote: »
    You "couldn't" care less?

I could care less for you correcting me, too :) I'll keep me quirks.
    Do they not have power/electric showers in the States?! Weird.

Not to the best of my knowledge and anytime I've ever mentioned one they ask me to explain how it is you're not electrocuted when you use one :rolleyes:

American showers are wonderfully powerful, yes. Sick of these pansy low flow pieces of ****e. You get those some places in the states too.... sick bastards. Had a shower head once ya couldn't even get the shampoo out of your hair with a flow like that. Absolutely pathetic.

And how come baths never submerge you all the way? Its criminal: if I want to bathe in a pool of my own diluted filth I want to do so completely submerged :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 adharc

Try a cold shower. Good for the soul as well as the body

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

gcgirl wrote: »
    o dear you have only had 1 bath in 10 years :(

Ha, an ex of mine was disgusted when I told her I hadnt had a bath in 2 years, blondes are great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I kind of miss not having a bath. Haven't lived in a flat that has one for the past 8 years, so I always jump into one whenever I visit my parents:p
    Not only is it pretty damn relaxing, they're also handy for rinsing wet suits...

i need to have a bath soon actually... dont suppose any of the geeky types here could give me some sort of chemical name for sea salt? i need to use bath salts containing sea salt in the bath, and i finally have access to a bath that doesn tlook like it'll give me diseases :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Don't have electric showers in Germany either. Pull up the tap for pressure and move left or right to adjust temperature. More relaxing than an electric shower as there is no constant buzzing.

I miss all those cheap sweets we used to have as kids, like chocolate mice, mr. freezes, time bars, macaroom bars, refreshers, smileys, wham bars, stingers, etc..

how come they only seem to make baths that suit short people? Im 6ft 2 damnit: if i get into the bath im not really in the bath at all.

I miss being shorter sometimes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Yeah I miss a power shower. Also, my shower seems to have been designed for people who are quite short. I'm 5'11" and I have to duck to get under it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kat1170

i need to have a bath soon actually... dont suppose any of the geeky types here could give me some sort of chemical name for sea salt? i need to use bath salts containing sea salt in the bath,

SAXA Sea Salt ???? Available in your local shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I miss my electric shower when I go back to my parents' house. My apartment has a great one. To be fair, my parents' house has an electric shower, but it's not even that great and my brother always leaves it in a state so I just use the other shower.

I miss comfy couches when I'm in my apartment. I hate those rubbish 'leather' ones.

Kat1170 wrote: »
    SAXA Sea Salt ???? Available in your local shop.

oh, soryr, i meant to say, i was looking for bath bombs or bath salts specifically... and nope, no saxa here, i have to buy my sea salt in plastic bags, which i thought was quite odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

narco wrote: »
    i need to have a bath soon actually... dont suppose any of the geeky types here could give me some sort of chemical name for sea salt? i need to use bath salts containing sea salt in the bath, and i finally have access to a bath that doesn tlook like it'll give me diseases :D

AFAIK it's 2/3 NaCl (sodium chloride) and 1/3 KCl (potassium Chloride), though there'll be a number of smaller amounts of a variety other salts too. As to what the various different bath salts are though I'm afraid I haven't a clue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

i miss having an electric shower too however i did gain a bath so its all good!

Advertisement