Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard Drive imaging Software

Options
  • 16-01-2008 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a decent application for creating a disk image of a Windows XP installation? I would use Norton Ghost, but it's not playing well with my current system at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Can anyone recommend a decent application for creating a disk image of a Windows XP installation? I would use Norton Ghost, but it's not playing well with my current system at the moment.

Acronis True Image v11

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭MysticalRain

Ta v much!

You're very welcome.

It really is a magic piece of software ;)

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

will this allow me to use my spare hard disk to boot in the event of a failure?

will this allow me to use my spare hard disk to boot in the event of a failure?

Yes it will.

It also has the ability to create a recovery partition on your existing drive (or indeed a second drive or even a external USB drive or removable media.) This will give you an "F" key option at startup to recover your system totally in the event of a disaster. (Same as you get on a HP or Compaq machine.)

-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭brophis

+1 for Acronis True Image v11. Been using it since v9 and works a charm. Simple, to the point, and does the job easily.

brophis wrote: »
    +1 for Acronis True Image v11. Been using it since v9 and works a charm. Simple, to the point, and does the job easily.

And just in case anyone is wondering?

It fully supports RAID too ;)

-

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭brophis

And SATA too btw, some older versions and backup programs can't read SATA drives.

Advertisement