Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony KDL-32S3000 explanation needed

Options
  • 16-01-2008 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking at Sony KDL-32S3000 to buy. As part of all other features it has:

Built-in Digital TV (MPEG 2) terrestrial tuner (also receives analogue)
    Digital TV Cable Tuner (with supported operators)
    CAM module

what are they? Does it mean that I can use chorus without a set up box?

Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,217 ✭✭✭ongarite

I think those Digital tuners are for the UK only where they have digital free-to-air stations.
    Of no use here in Ireland, even when we are going to Digital here, it won't be the same system as the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭poops66

Thanks for reply.
    so theese features are useless in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 osok

It depends where you live, I'm from Donegal and we recieve freeview from the transmitters in the north. If you are from a border county you should be able to get it. Who said there were no benefits from british occupation in Ireland.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yeah, will also depend on which NI transmitter you're receiving from, as not all carry the DTT (UK: Freeview) signal.

Parts along the East coast can receive DTT from Wales too.

Advertisement