Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q aboout NTL+ and DVD recorders

Options
  • 16-01-2008 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭

Hi

I am moving into a new place, and I have been looking at buying a DVD HD recorder.
    However, a friend has said to me that NTL+ will do the recording/pausing live TV etc that the DVD recorder will do (except play DVDs). So, my question is
    would it be better to go with a service like NTL+ and just buy a cheap DVD player only to watch DVDs.

I generally don't have a clue about all this stuff, so apologies if I am talking bs! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

hi the ntl pvr service costs 5 euro per month and therefore you would not own the box. So if you ever cancelled their service the box would be returned to them.

You need weigh up what channels you will want to record on the dvd/hdd?

Because u would hook up ntl to a channel on the dvd/hdd and record what is on the ntl at that time ( thats presuming ur getting ntl digital)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭sasser

thanks for the reply.

Have thought about it and think I'll buy the HD DVD

Advertisement