Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AV architecture drawings

Options
  • 16-01-2008 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

I am having some work done at home (extension) i intend to run alot of cabling and the project managers want drawings indicating what i want run

does anyone know what types of cabling can be specified in drawings ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Blip

For a home extension, the cables can be multi core or single core power cables to lights and sockets, then smallers cables to telephone, security and speakers if you have any. Usually only the outlets need to be shown on a drawing i.e. sockets, lights, TV, Phones, speakers and the electrician knows what type cables to install.

So I would indicate the outlets / devices for all the equipment I want in.... say a large sitting room on a drawing and let them fit it out, hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭crowej

i am really looking at it from the perspective of hd video. how can i specify what i cabling i need for this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

well what type of equipment are you going to use??

if you are planning a home cinema then get an upscaling home AV receiver, and run a HDMI cable from where that will go to the where the tv will go.

then for speakers, run speaker cable to the speaker points and then back to where the amp will be. for cable, standard copper core will do but for better gear go for QED silver cable.

adam

Advertisement