Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why does OCD disappear?

Options
  • 16-01-2008 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

One of the essence of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder is a strong conflict and fight from people’s heart. Actually, the essence of people’s worry are all the strong conflict and fight against the real world. This is the only source for neurosis to maintain. When the war in people’s heart can be finished, it will be the real start to end neurosis. It is what east ancient philosopher called “acceptance”. There is no way. No matter you get social phobia, OCD, anxiety or depression; no matter you are skeptical, stutterer, insomnia, gluttony or anorexia, there is no way to get rid of that. The only way is to accept the truth; put down the weapon; don't fight against it; slowly avoid repulsion; don't try to eliminate it; try to used to it. Gradually, you will learn not to conflict and fight with your symptoms again. At that time, you will recover. of course It's just an idea here .practically it's up to you not to go further on the way struggling against it.
    OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder is an anxiety disorder characterized by intense, recurrent, unwanted thoughts and rituals that are beyond the person's control. So when we speak of OCD, there must be 2 sides: one side is the recurrent unwanted thoughts, and the other side is your strong desire to get rid of these unwanted thoughts.
    So from these 2 sides, we can work out the essence of OCD. The essence of OCD is that you are not willing to accept the existent objective facts and try to escape from it.
    As we all know, all the matters have their own reason to exist in this world, they all follow the law of nature to exist in this world, the law of nature which cannot be disobeyed at all!
    Remember the first time such weird idea came across your mind Every person, during his or her life, more or less, occasionally would encounter such weird idea or action. So, however weird it is, it has its own reason to be there, it is reasonable to be there, it just appeared in your mind because of the law of the nature, but it pops up on the wrong person, it is you! If it pops up in other normal persons, they may neglect it or feel uncomfortable just for a short time at most, then they continue their lives and do what they should do, and forget such idea, but you, you are not like them! The bad personality created by the environment you have been living in since your childhood always renders you low self-esteem and self-denial. When you encounter such situation, you will not turn outside ( by “outside” we mean “do the things you ought to do and do not mind however weird the idea or action is), but inside (by “inside” we mean you begin to deny or refuse such idea when you encounter it, you begin to think “why such idea came across my mind”, “I cannot let that happen”, “I must get rid all of these weird ideas, which will make me comfortable”), now you begin to fight these ideas over and over again.
    [FONT=&#23435]“[/FONT]Everything has its reason to be there including all of your weird ideas if the law of nature makes it to appear there, even god cannot help you to escape from it”, calmly and carefully taste these words, you will get much. If you understood this “ultimate truth” in the first place, you would not become what you are like today! If you understood however weird the idea or action is, it is created by so many factors including external environment and internal mind or personality, it is REASONABLE to be there, you will not fight it or try to free yourself from it, it would not haunt you like this today!
    But you never think this way, you have been trying to fight it, try to deny it rather than accept it, you would find that the more fiercely you fight it, the more fiercely it would counter-fight you. You have spent all the energy in the battle and feel so exhausted, but you enemy is always stronger than you however hard you try! Who has made it to grow so strong and so powerful, YOU!, you are not killing it but irrigate it, stop that at once! You have gone the wrong direction, turn back at once, what are you waiting for

All in all, the essence of OCD is that “ you are trying to deny yourself”, “you are trying to escape from yourself” , Is that possible Imagine if you pull your hair upward wishing to lift yourself up from the floor, will that happen I believe your answer is definitely “No”, but I tell you, actually you are doing the same thing as hair-pulling, and you have been doing it for many years maybe, will you continue to do it It is up to you!
    OCD is an extreme expression or outburst of Low Self-esteem or Self-denial. Furthermore not only OCD, but all the other mental disorders ( including all kinds of Phobia, Depression, Insomnia, etc ) share the same feature. To be more accurate, The essence of all the deep-seated mental sufferings is extremely low self-esteem (inferiority complex) or Self-denial.
    You are trying to abandon yourself, you are trying to escape from yourself, you are willing to do anything else except the complete acceptance of yourself. You have gone against the law of nature, so you will be punished for doing so. It is a simple rule.
    You keep going forward, trying to find where the way out is, but the way out is just behind, only by turning back will you find it.
    [FONT=&#23435]“[/FONT]Accept Yourself”, this is the maxim you can find in almost all the oriental lore such as Buddhism Scriptures. Yes, you are so painful just because you cannot accept yourself, you hate yourself, you cannot tolerate yourself this way for even one more second.
    Every morning just after waking up, you start to fight yourself! You activate every muscle, using every method you can find to “kill” yourself, you search throughout all the Books and Articles about Psychology, wishing to find a way to eliminate those feelings which are parts of yourself? It turn out to be uncomfortable even painful. The more exhausted you are, the more bravely you fight! You wish to pay any cost to kill the true “yourself”, which is an objective presence in the world. You even don’t give yourself one second to take a breath. You will only give up when you have no energy left, maybe you will find when you come up with the idea of “give up”, you will suddenly feel relaxed and comfortable, but it will only last for a short time. Some friends have told me that they will suddenly feel comfortable when they decide to see a therapist, only the idea of seeing a therapist will make him feel better, interesting .In fact, when you decide to see a therapist, you are actually doing the similar things as “give up”. You might say to yourself “ I really have no way of dealing with it, I will see if a therapist can help me.”So you see, why not choose a complete ending to it ? Accept youself !

Ask yourself:
    When will I be able to break the cycle of OCD ?when can I be free from it?
    Do you know the Newton Law?Where there is a action there is a reaction. Where there is suppression, there is resistance. That is just the feature of OCD.
    “acceptance” rather than “fight” is the only way out.
    However, when we speak of “acceptance”, we must point out we must accept it from the bottom of our hearts, accept it completely rather than only accept it on the surface. Here, real and complete acceptance is essential and inevitable.
    If you really accept from the bottom of your heart, even if you are fighting, actually you are accepting.
    If you just accept it on the surface, even if you are accepting, actually you are fighting.
    Dear friends, do you really understand the 2 sentences above If you do, you have taken a big step forward.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Gibs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

All I see here is a frightening ignorance towards mental illness. What a load of nonsense.

I looked at your link Gibs and saw this:

Real Name: Xiaobin Zheng, famous psycho counselor in China, outstanding group therapist
    Member of China Psychology Association
    Member of Shanghai Psychological Institute
    Founder of Heixi Psychological Counseling Center Major: Psychology and clinical medicine
    Degree: Bachelor of medicine
    Diploma No.:103694980118 (filed on the website of Chinese National Education Department )
    National Registered Psycho Counselor (senior) of National Labor Ministry (Certificate No: 0511000008200056 )

It's a bit strange that a member of a psychological society would spout this stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 linlinya

I don't know why you are so rude .AS you can see the idea was from a psychological society and it is base on the research of recovery cases.The article posted above is just for information to share .The ocd symptoms may be relieved for a while or even two years or more ,but m ost people told us the meds can't relieve the ocd ultimately because they always come back .Acceptance ,which seems like giving up at first sight actually cured them . because during the process of acceptance they will reconstruct the mind of themselves and be aware of some inspiration from life and not to stick to some behaviors any longer.
    Suggestions are welcome still.
    Valmont wrote: »
    All I see here is a frightening ignorance towards mental illness. What a load of nonsense.

I looked at your link Gibs and saw this:

Real Name: Xiaobin Zheng, famous psycho counselor in China, outstanding group therapist
    Member of China Psychology Association
    Member of Shanghai Psychological Institute
    Founder of Heixi Psychological Counseling Center Major: Psychology and clinical medicine
    Degree: Bachelor of medicine
    Diploma No.:103694980118 (filed on the website of Chinese National Education Department )
    National Registered Psycho Counselor (senior) of National Labor Ministry (Certificate No: 0511000008200056 )

It's a bit strange that a member of a psychological society would spout this stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

linlinya wrote: »
    I don't know why you are so rude .AS you can see the idea was from a psychological society and it is base on the research of recovery cases.The article posted above is just for information to share .The ocd symptoms may be relieved for a while or even two years or more ,but m ost people told us the meds can't relieve the ocd ultimately because they always come back .Acceptance ,which seems like giving up at first sight actually cured them . because during the process of acceptance they will reconstruct the mind of themselves and be aware of some inspiration from life and not to stick to some behaviors any longer.
    Suggestions are welcome still.

Tell you what, when you overcome your apparent ocd regarding misusing punctuation, even if you are fighting it, you will have accepted it. Then you will have taken a big step forward. If this step forward leaves a gap in your sentence, it is to recompense the gap it has filled in your life. Presumably

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Gibs

This post appears to be an ad for some kind of 'therapeutic' service. Apparently this service can be delivered via phone, email and even MSN if you are so inclined.

If you click on the website in the sig, you find out that you can get 'treated' by the Heixi clinic for a very reasonable $8500. Perhaps this entire thread should be moved to the Bargains forum :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭gondorff

I've got a job-lot of snake oil going cheap, any takers?

Give something a name and it will acquire form.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

linlinya wrote: »
    and be aware of some inspiration from life and not to stick to some behaviors any longer.

Sorry if I came across as too rude. I'm always trying to be mindful of statements such as the one above. It doesn't sound like objectively verified evidence and therefore it's not helpful to the sufferers of the disorder. The whole thing seems more like a philosophical model than a psychological one. Perhaps I'm wrong as I'm not too familiar with OCD which I will be studying in detail in the next college term.

Lecture recording of Mr. Heixi [FONT=&#23435]—[/FONT][FONT=&#23435]《[/FONT]Sharing Experience Of Ultimate Recovery From SA and OCD[FONT=&#23435]》[/FONT]
    This recording is made for sharing experience by a person who has ultimately recovered from decades of social phobia and OCD .We hope it do help for friends here who come to this forum to view valubable suggestions while deep in struggling with these neurosis .Also,you could see it as a choice as a self-help .Anyway you will feel warm in forum here because there are so many f riends who could understand and would like to share thire ideas with you.And then we feel so happy that we are a part of this forum and be able to contribute to it .
    This recording is a combination of recorvery story of Mr.heixi himself , the method to get recorverd and the indroduction of typicle successful counseling cases in past four years.It is offered to sufferers who have the neurosis given below . The symptoms of neurosis are so various that we are usually confused and beaten by them .But in a word .this recording is just prepared for you if your heart is imprisoned by yourself at present whilst you are hoping the norma llife will come in future..
    OCD is caused by our thoughts. Everything is empty. Problems exist because there is a way to solve. They exist because of the solution. If you don’t try to solve it, it won’t be there. At first, you should work or study as normal and don't try to escape. Go to enjoy your life but not treat neurosis. Life is the best medicine. Actually, there is no OCD and neurosis. All the troubles are empty. We just look for the troubles for ourselves. Symptoms are not illness. They are instinct that everybody have. The essence of trouble is pertinacity. The essence of OCD is abandon life. It’s something like day and night. As your life is better, OCD will be lesser. As your life is very good, OCD won’t be there any more.

“The treatment of OCD and social phobia-part 7” by Mr. Heixi in Aug 2007.
    Mr. Heixi suffered social phobia and OCD for more than 10 years. He would like to share his recovery experience. The article below is selected for your reference.

The article below is new series from Mr. Heixi in Aug 2007. You may use the article if you want in order to increase number of members in the forum.

1. The key to recover from OCD-part 6

East psychology have already completely solve all the troubles before thousand years ago.
    All the symptoms cannot be eliminate. People should learn how to free ourselves but not inhibite ourselves. Please release your symptoms and yourselves. Please release your dread. As you can release all your symtoms, it will be the time you release and free yourselves. As you free yourselves, you become a normal people. It is like you wake up from your dream.

west psychology made some mistakes: they find the wrong direction. As we go further, we know lesser.

People suffered neurosis also made some mistakes: we spend too much energy to a wrong place. We always try to follow the theories. We exhaust ourselves. The essential of recovery is to consume our energy to a right place. Actually all the people recover from OCD never did a thing to treat it. If you live for getting rid of the symptoms, you won’t recover.

The real psychology thoughts here is originated from age-old east history, taoism, etc. It’s really great system which shows the the truth of the world and how to live up . In many aspects.
    it’s different from west psychology
    All the symptoms are because of your instinct. You won’t win if you try to fight against them. The only way is to release them and free your instinct. You should let the symptoms indulge in wilful persecution and always indulge them. Please release all your suppression not only now but permanently. This is the final and complete disengagement. If people suffered neurosis can do that, they can recover during around 1or 2 years.

If you can understand the “way” above, your are going to recover. However, you are still suffered. If you want to be a normal people, it depends on your savvy. This step cannot tell by words. You should throw away all the “ways” and enjoy your life. At that time, you can wake up.

You cannot reach this step by words and theories. They are completely different things.

Actually, there is no OCD. It’s caused by our own thinking. This is the great meaning of “empty”.

The key point is nobody can accept this rebarbative things. Who can really accept this? I don't believe. What is acceptance? These are very feigned. You may go to ask normal people. Can they accept these rebarbative things? I didn't accept also, but I still recovered!

You are exhaust yourselves as you chase for a way to treat. This kind of exhaustion is the reason why OCD always exist.

There is no way to treat OCD. You should not form a standard for OCD. If there is a standard, it will be fixed and you will not get freedom from that. This is what we said “if there is nothing in your heart, your heart will be free”.

No standard is the best standard for OCD and no way is the best way. Mr. Morita said: it can be like this and also can be like that. It can be whatever you want, but there is no cannot.

East psychology told us: OCD is empty. It is a dream that make you fight against yourselves!

Since you still cannot recover, it’s because there is only OCD in your eyes but no life. I didn't do anything to get rid of the symptoms for my recovery before. As a recovered friend said: try to transfer your attention. At that time, there will be no OCD in your eyes but only life.

8) How to realize (to be continue)

2. The key to recover from social phobia part 7

“Reserve therapy” part 2

The rule of psychology is: the more you afraid, the more they will come. You usually get the things that you don’t want. You try to pretend good, but you get a bad estate. If you don't afraid of it totally, it will disappear slowly.

As the symptoms come such as you feel panic, you can tell yourselves: don't try to suppress and inhibite the symptoms for a tiny bit. I should let them disappear alone. I live with panic as I feel panic. I live without panic as I don't feel panic. Since I cannot calm down, just let it be. To be panic by this chance on an open mind. After you try this again and again, you will recover one day.

You should release your dread slowly and to be nervous naturally one day. As you are not afraid of nervous from your heart, you are recovered. Actually, all the symptoms of neurosis disappeared by this way, including obsessive thoughts, obsessive intention and obsessive behaviour.

People suffered neurosis don't want to wake up in a clinging dream. As you live on the world, you should be yourselves. No matter this self is good or not. However, we call it trouble. We abhor it, against it and try to escape from it. We brought up a time consuming war to fight against it. This kind of fight is called “neurosis”. Actually, the essence of our troubles are this conflict and fight. Can we win nature? Therefore, we should follow the nature and be agree with ourselves and the world. We should abandon our hate against them and try to love them. We need to release the suppress and inhibite towards them and let them free. This is the final and complete disengagement. We call it wake up from your dream or realize. Hence, we can finally come back to our real life.

8) after you can realize, there is nothing but nature. (more to follow)

Neurosis is not a incurable disease. You can recover from it. Actually, many people recovered, but they are very busy after recovery. They may not able to come to the forum frequently. If you have any questions, you may ask us. We will try our best to answer you.

Mr. Heixi free lecture record from Heixi psychological counseling center: Just for your reference.
    Reference of this article: www.heixi.com

(the article above is a serial treatment article in Aug 2007. Permitted to be reprinted.)

To be continue…………

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Filan

I actualy feel the original post very good....and a recognised albeit new Psychological Approach.....Something akin to 'Acceptance' approach...it is being used and does work in many cases.... The motivation for placing it is another matter....but rubbish it isn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 zenboy

linlinya,I presume that english is not your first language and thats why your ideas and punctuation are so unclear. Would I be right to say you are talking about mindfulness as a treatment for recurring anxious thoughts .These have been shown not to stop when mental effort is applied to block them.Just letting obsessive thoughts come and go without attempting to judge or change them has proven effective as part of CBT.However exposure and response prevention and with cognitive therapy has been proven the most effective for OCD spectrum disorders with less relapse than medication.Theres ample research on CBT on the net and also how it changes neurophysiology compared to untreated patients.

• Advertisement

The dream is broken

a counselor looking back on his recovery

I think many people has the same experience as I have .I remember when I was about twelve years old I had nightmares at times .And I had a same nightmare every night for a long time . In that dream I was chased by soldiers armed with guns.I flat out to escape but it is so difficult to move fast that my movement is just like the slow motion in the movie . Everytime after waking up from the extrem fear I was in a cold sweat .After many times of experiences as such I started to realize this is only just a dream.So I really managed to open my eyes . All things in that dream are gone.We may have a variety of weird dream and hardly doubt about its authenticity.It is hard to suspect of your dream but not impossible.It is a psycho habit to believe your dream .

The sufferers of neurosis often compare their symptoms to a nightmare.How can we get rid of this dream ?what can I do to wake from this nightmare of neurosis ?Mostly we are analysing our dream and trying to change it .This is totally ridiculous and in vain.I believe when the nightmare began all the sufferers made tremendous efforts to find ways to escape or change . You are struggling against your dream in your dream ,but at last you will realize that all you tried is in vain. Also actually many alleged psychologist said the same stuff as you .They use the same key as you ,though theirs are gilded .They invent various theories ,different terms but the key is still the same one which can not unlock the neurosis.Finally they feel so unnerved that they resort to medication.But that dream doesn’t disppear .It is just hide much deeper and you may feel it is just hiding in a gloomy corner and peek furtively into you .

It isn't necessary to change your dream ,as long as you can realize or be aware that this is a dream .As long as you do not agree with your dream ,this awareness itself can wake you from the dream which is brought about by any neurosis .At first some sufferers are always impatient and keep saying this dream is so inclement and the tribulation is so heavy .They demand analysis and analysis .It is just like If in the nightmare you are chased after by a murder with gun ,you will want to reverse this dream to become the one where you hold a gun and chase after the murder.And at this time you may yell at me :”See ?This is my awful life! but all you tell me is just to accept and wake !”Yes ,This is right .First of all you have to cease the unavailing war with the dream .You have to retreat from the pointless struggle .The starting point of your effort is just what you should change .The process of accepting is just the one where you starts to disagree with the nightmare and not follow it .And you have to draw back a bit so you could accept .

And with your retreating from the fight with this dream meanwhile you will be aware that that is just a dream in mind .That is just a game in mind .Once you don’t agree with or follow that neurosis dream and once you remember persistently that it is only a dream then this memory will cease the dream to let it be broken .

To some extent a part of psychology concentrated on the dream and the analysis for the dream as such they concentrated on the analysis for neurosis . Just by analysing the dream neither could you finish it nor wake from it even though you get more details in it .Little may you know from the the motive ,the resisted desire, the ambition behind your terrific dream .Though just relying on doing analysis for the dream how would you know who you are ?The dream is object while you are the subject.You should turn right around to watch in a opposite diretion .You need watch the “dreamer” instead of giving your attention to these dreams.

What the eastern psychology is concerned about is the dreamer who is standing after the dream and can realize and remember that is just a dream .In eastern psychology there is never any analysis for the dream of neurosis .If you have to make that kind of analysis ,you ‘d better use the western way ,a more scientific way, to do it .In the aspect of psychoanalysis of dream the west has excellently had a good command.Nevertheless in the east ,it is asked that for the things whose essentials are dream is there any meaning there to analysis them ? Because they are everlasting.If you go on analysis while the source where originate the dream is still there and it will continue to make new dreams which will appear again and again .This is also the reason why till now no one has been totally psychoanalysised .No one in this world can be really totally psychoanalysised because the target of psychoanalysis is to eliminate the dreams and neurosis .So far that goal was never achieved . The dream will still appear because the source wasn’t changed to the core.

The cineprojector is still running and you continue analysing the pictures on the screen .You keep on thinking how to analyze it .Then you can see the analysis is different from one to one . So there is a variety of psychoanalysis methods as many as the psycho doctors.Everyone has his own opinion and no one can be really disprove because everything you are told is all about the dream thing which tortures you.If you speak loud ,logically ,with good arguments ,you opinion will be attractive ,because they seems so true and the explainations seems so true that people will believe it is surely true .No explaination is valuable and all of them are wrong when you really face a person and try to resolve his problem with neurosis.

More to follow

Thanks for reading.

Friends here,considering the time I don’t come here frequently so I am afraid some questions form you may not get a timely reply .Thus I think If there is any questions welcome to add the msn to contact us :
    winds.lily@hotmail.com
    Shanghai Heixi Psychological Counseling Center

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement