Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do i calim tax refunds?

Options
  • 16-01-2008 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭

I think i paid too much tax last year and want to claim it back, could someone provide a guide on how to do this? im really confused on the whole thing... revenue.ie doesnt make it very clear.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Try the Work & Jobs forum.

Essentially, you contact the Revenue and ask for a balancing statement for the year in question. Bear in mind that at this time of year they can be quite busy. I think that you also need to provide a copy of your P60 from last year which you employer should have issued you with, or will be issuing you with soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭c4cat

Korvanica wrote: »
    I think i paid too much tax last year and want to claim it back, could someone provide a guide on how to do this? im really confused on the whole thing... revenue.ie doesnt make it very clear.

I found the best way is to go to your local tax office and they will sort it out there and then Iyou are due a refund a cheque will be in the post very soon after visiting the tax office. thats my own experience, hope you find it helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Email the revenue and request a P21 balancing statement. While you're at it request the previous 4 years (5 years is as far back as they can go).

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Remember if you owe them money they will take it as well as if they owe you money refunding it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Remember if you owe them money they will take it as well as if they owe you money refunding it.

I did this last year, and requested the previous few years as well, ended up getting around 400 euro.

We had the fancy beans on granary toast that evening :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lonelylady11

[FONT=&quot]I am from South Canada. My friend is my potential business partner. We both work as chemist for a large company. We are looking into the possibility of opening our own chemical plant in order to have more creative freedom with our experience. But neither of us have the economic resources to fund a new business, we want to find out government grant money and really need your help to go about getting it. [/FONT]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭IT Loser

[FONT=&quot]I am from South Canada. My friend is my potential business partner. We both work as chemist for a large company. We are looking into the possibility of opening our own chemical plant in order to have more creative freedom with our experience. But neither of us have the economic resources to fund a new business, we want to find out government grant money and really need your help to go about getting it. [/FONT]

Tell you what, wire me $20,000 and I'll get back to you:cool: In the meantime, can I interest you in a brochure which explains how to sell snow in Siberia and how to sell gum in the lockjaw ward in Beaumont??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

IT loser - watch the sarcasm!

RE: Canada lady - contact the Dept. Enterprise , trade and employment www.entemp.ie for information or Enterprise Ireland (try googling them). Since yout post had nothing to do with tax refunds and isoff topic, you should have created a separate thread to deal with it - not hijacking anothers post.

Advertisement