Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mySQL Database

Options
  • 15-01-2008 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭

hey all,

I am currently making a website it is completely designed but need to do database to collect information. for instance. Name fields etc is there a programme I can use to design the question then link it to my server and have it functioning?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I don't understand what you mean by design the question.

If you elaborate a bit, may be able to help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Design the questionnaire? As in form design tools that will create the appropriate DB tables as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭odarallo

ok what i need to do is something like a a phpBB forum but i dont exactly want one, I want users to register upload a file be able to acess it etc. I tried searching the internet for a easy to use guide but there dosnt seem to be any for noobs :P

I need the standard reg fields like name, etc etc and the option to upload a file. Any ideas?

infact it might be easier if we could talk on msn with someone who has experience with this if thats ok just post and ill send you mine,

Edit - Ok I'm getting confused between threads :( - too tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

odarallo wrote: »
    hey all,

I am currently making a website it is completely designed but need to do database to collect information. for instance. Name fields etc is there a programme I can use to design the question then link it to my server and have it functioning?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54874362&postcount=4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

What languages can you use on your server? Uploading files requires multipart form data parsers, there's a good one in Java at www.javazoom.net

Presumably there are libraries for PHP too.

Uploading files in PHP is a simple matter of accessing parameters in the $_FILES env array variable. You can do a move_file() on the temp upload location which can be found in $_FIlES

Advertisement