Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Data error

Options
  • 15-01-2008 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭

I backed up a few files onto a DVD (rewritable) using Roxio. Some of the files will copy back to my hard drive no problem, but two files give me the error message “Data error (cyclic redundancy check) code 23.” Is there any way I can recover these files?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

CRC errors means the drive cant read the files, try using another drive with good imbuilt error correction (A Samsung Internal drive would be ideal if you have one), but I've seen many cases it might be impossible to copy them over, there are software solutions out there that can try for hours to recover files in simular situations also, iso buster springs to mind, but if the disc is bad theres not much ya can do...

Nick

Advertisement