Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weapon enchants choice

Options
  • 15-01-2008 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭

So.. My huntar is lvl 46 now. And i did ST ( sunken temple ) last night and both swords ( can remember the name ) one is green the other is red. Neither of them have any stats on them apart from the chance on hit to do some shadow damage and something else, but the dps is pretty big on them. I got them from the dragons if you cant think of the swords.

What im wondering is what enchant would be best on them? Would crusader be my best bet ? or just plain +15 agi on both ?

At the mo im pretty much +agi specced :

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Moonglade&n=Spalfssip

Any help much appreciated, as im looking forward to getting back into BG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭BKtje

Go for +15 agility but i wouldn't bother with wep ( well expensive ones) enchants till your lvl 70. You just level too fast and will out grow your stuff (for lack of a better word).

Now if you do decide to get an enchant on em don't go for crusader. Crusader is a proc which means that you have to hit stuff with your sword(s) in order for it to happen. As a hunter how often do you melee (i'd hope rarely)?

I'd recommend a stat bassed enchant for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 CidonaBoy

Agreed, +15 agility is probably best, but there really is no need at your level.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I see alot of your gear has +str which im pretty sure is useless for hunters, focus on agility to boost your crit and pewpew ! you will be droppin mobs before your pet even reaches them ;)

And dont worry about enchants until your level 70 ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

yeah some have +str because its the best i could find. Way to many huntards on my server and not enough people making the gear. I was almost thinking of getting icy or chillblast ( the one that reduces movement and attack speed ) for when i do get into using mele.

Im not worried about the cost of the enchant as i have a higher lvl alt that can support the costs., even though i believe its gonna cost me 150g per wep for +15 agi. Also fed up of using daggers as their dps is just so small so thats why i plan on using the swords as their both speed 2.00 and 1.90 ( will check when i get home )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

Waste of time till you're 70, focus on stam + agil

Also no procs you're a hunter :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

my huntard is 38 and im currently farming sm while im not pvping on my warr.
    i dont give a sh!t about gear on my hunter till i get much higher. im in mostly blues, a collection from the different dungeons i have done since wc. I'm still wearing 2 blue items from wc, lvl 18 items (chest + legs)!!! doesnt matter as long as my bow is up to date and my duel melee's too. (which i rarely use thankfully)

im gonna mainly instance lvl this tard up so i dont need the best gear. although im gonna start "needing" on all the blue mail items in sm arm now : )

would like to have a few of the blue scarlet monastery lvl 36+ mail items when i ding 40.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

TBH, that blue weapon is wasted on a hunter. Anything with agi, sta and int would be better than a weapons dps. Even a green "<random sword> of the monkey" would be better IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

TBH, that blue weapon is wasted on a hunter. Anything with agi, sta and int would be better than a weapons dps. Even a green "<random sword> of the monkey" would be better IMO.

Yep go for agi over str. And go for weapons with +agi over higher dps weapons with no stats. I always /facepalm when I do low level instances with hunters and they roll need on proc weapons especially when they outroll a warrior,rogue or shammy who could put it to better use.

Also the hunters that need on the mail +str gear in SM armory just because it's mail. I've seen many hunters willing to lower their ranged dps by "upgrading" from green 'of the monkey' leather to blue mail with +str.

My 39 hunter: :p
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Arathor&n=Jimmyjazz

Cheers for the advice lads. Managed to find a nice axe with +str but still using this proc sword, as i can find no of the monkey weps at the mo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Cheers for the advice as well, a friend told me to go for agil and stam for my hunter and I've just been following his word blindly all along. Nice to know why I should be going for them...
    Badly need some new gear myself, I'm just about to ding 57 but still in greens from around 43:o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Dont worry about getting new gear at 57. Once you ding 58 you can go into outland, and you will replace everything you have within an hour or two. The jump from Azeroth greens/blues to Outland greens/blues is crazy, and alot of them are for simple quest rewards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Cool, I'd heard that there was some sweet gear to be had as soon as you enter outlands... I'll hold on to my cash so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

gear is irrelavant until you are 70. forgot about it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Its not irrelavant, its just not a major thing. The better your gear, the more damage/healing/tanking (select as needed) you will do. And the jump from Azeroth gear to Outland is definatly not irrelavent.

Just hit 50 earlier on today, so should hopefull be 60 next weekend if all goes to plan. IS it worth my while going for one more gear upgade at 55 to last me untill outlands?

I already have 3 parts of the beaststalkers set, Which is a high agi / str / attack power set, worth picking up the rest of it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

Get executioner to fcuk

Advertisement