Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell monitor has an on-screen shadow

Options
  • 15-01-2008 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭

Earlier I was trying to install the software for a USB-Parallel printer cable and I've noticed my monitor has just developed a "shadow" behind all text and pictures.

As if all the text is out of contrast/focus.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

It could be Cleartype.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭zoe

jmccrohan wrote: »
    It could be Cleartype.

Thanks for that, I haven't heard of that before so I don't know.

I read in your link, "but text placed in a bitmapped image in a program such as Adobe Photoshop will not be modified. "

I'm still getting the shadows on all text in adobe reader.

It certainly doesn't make it any clearer so I don't think it could be clear type.

It's a light grey colour double shadow appearing behind all text. As if the text is slightly out of focus.

It only happened today when I was trying to install some software for my new printer cable. The software came with it.

I think it must have affected the monitor display in some way.

I have XP installed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭zoe

I've just tried the monitor with another PC and the monitor still has the same problem.

So I think there must be something affecting the actual monitor rather than any PC resolution problem. I think...

Advertisement