Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CombatZone

Options
  • 14-01-2008 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

I'm thinking of planning a trip Paintballing at the start of the summer for a group of roughly 20 or a few more.

Anyway,
    As were in Nenagh, The closest place (I think- if not tell me) is CombatZone in Limerick. I was just wondering what people thought of the place .. Good service/terrain/equipment etc etc ,and if you know, compared to some of the other places around Ireland.

Thanks Alot,
    Barry.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

Theres one out near dungarvan in waterford which is good. Cant think of the name though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Combatzone is pretty damn good. Very professional and friendly. The equipement is kept in good condition and the rates are good, maybe a little high if you have an itchy finger (I spent 120 bucks last time, most of that was ammo). The terrain is a Coillte forest so the trees are in fairly standardish straight lines. Nothing amazing about it. However, the obstacles they have built within the small clearings here and there are quite good. The village and the fort being possibly the most notable. Though I haven't played in the trenches yet which are supposed to be quite good too.

I'd recommend trying it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

The Guy that runs the place is fairly friendly and their
    offices are less than 50m from where I work.
    I gave him the boards.ie URL for the airsoft/paintball board
    so he could read the boards but have never seen him post here.

unfortunately anyone I know that have been to the place
    thought it was crap!! really really crap. I have never tried
    it myself so have no opinion of my own. I reckon I would
    be happy with being able to shoot a marker and run around
    the place more than anything else compared to my boring
    other life.

for a group of lads maybe trying paintball out for the first time
    there may be nothing to worry about at all.

I reckon a very experienced paint baller thats out every week
    may or could be disappointed considering first timers were not impressed.

Another alternative could be the G-tec near galway and do airsoft instead
    as its almost as close to travel to.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭barry181091

Well I go upto Galway most weekends, so I will go into G-Tac myself soon, Try out the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

I went there once and wasnt overly impressed. At the start of EVERY game you can allready see the whole enemy team. Which kinda pissed me off. Theres no way to hide or use tactics. Its pretty much just keep fireing paint in the general direction of the enemy team, who are usually all huddled together in a giant blob. No one takes there hits properly and the marshals dont really care about that happening either. The guys running it are really sound but....well its a bit of a mess. Go into a woods near your own house and pour a bucket of paint over your head while a friend shouts "KEEP FIREING KEEP FIREING!!!" at you. Thats pretty much the experiance but youll save a fourtune.

• Advertisement

Arcto wrote: »
    I went there once and wasnt overly impressed. At the start of EVERY game you can allready see the whole enemy team. Which kinda pissed me off. Theres no way to hide or use tactics. Its pretty much just keep fireing paint in the general direction of the enemy team, who are usually all huddled together in a giant blob. No one takes there hits properly and the marshals dont really care about that happening either. The guys running it are really sound but....well its a bit of a mess. Go into a woods near your own house and pour a bucket of paint over your head while a friend shouts "KEEP FIREING KEEP FIREING!!!" at you. Thats pretty much the experiance but youll save a fourtune.

Hmm... I see . When did you go btw ?

Think it was around end of march 07.
    Allthough its Fort game is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Arcto wrote: »
    Think it was around end of march 07.
    Allthough its Fort game is ok.

The Lads that went in work were not allowed play the Fort game.
    I dont think there was enough numbers at the time.

~B

bullets wrote: »
    The Lads that went in work were not allowed play the Fort game.
    I dont think there was enough numbers at the time.

~B

It gets a bit retarded with around 80 ppl playing thefort too :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭Killinator

Predator Paintball in Tralee is pretty good, been there three times, good price, and some good games,including capture the flag(one team in a small village, the other in a large fort, large open space with limited cover and a church(complete with sniping tower) included)ohhhh the shots ive pulled of,and were ....cough.....pulled of against....cough....me!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

The place in Dungarvan is called elitepaintball.ie place run by a guy called Jeff worth a shout if your looking for somewhere in south tipp/waterford are, I was onto him a while back about the possibility of allowing Airsoft on his site, he wasn't too sure bout it back then, so I must check back with him.

I see in most of these places its 10€ for 100 paintballs ..

This may be a silly question. But are you allowed to bring in your own paintballs, as you can get like 2000 for 35€ .. ?

iceage wrote: »
    The place in Dungarvan is called elitepaintball.ie place run by a guy called Jeff worth a shout if your looking for somewhere in south tipp/waterford are, I was onto him a while back about the possibility of allowing Airsoft on his site, he wasn't too sure bout it back then, so I must check back with him.

Thats only a 1.5 hour drive from me. Ill buy you a bag of BB's if it goes ahead at some point :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

I see in most of these places its 10€ for 100 paintballs ..

This may be a silly question. But are you allowed to bring in your own paintballs, as you can get like 2000 for 35€ .. ?

generally no, the over-priced paintballs are exactly how paintball sites make their money :)

Which is partly why I don't paintball as much anymore. I regularly spent 100+ just on ammo for a day.

SO guys, Tehn I assume for a 3 hour session, the 200 given paintball's arent enough ? If not, how many are :P

The last 3 hour sesh I did there had me go through a little under 1000. But I was playing with people who didn't realise you might need cover fire before advancing. I'd say five or six hundred would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

over 6 hours paintballing in fronteir i used 2000 paintballs costing €200 and still had to skimp at the end:eek: but was well worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭ditpaintball

The place in tralee is the worst place that I have been to yet. Safety is a bit of an issue there I thought. But that was a year ago and it is up for a second review soon.

Back to combat zone, I have not been there yet, heading there before the summer time to do a review. I can not say much about it so apart from the staff seem to be friendly from any of my dealings with them.

Just awnna bump this to get more feedback.

Also, I recieved there free info pack with a cool dvd of the place..

Barry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭ion c

if you fancy making the trip you should go to barrage paintball. its by far the best paintball site in ireland. they are building a new game zone soon too which will be pretty amazing once it's done in late march. their website is www.barrage.ie

Advertisement