Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to revive my gaming

Options
  • 14-01-2008 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭

Hi all.
    I played MTG around 5 years ago, and just eventually got distracted and stacked my cards away.
    The other day I dug 'em out and got in a mad frenzy to play. Then I realised I've pretty much forgotten the rules.
    What deck would be easy for me to play with starting out? (and don't say the beginners set because I will remember to play after a game)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 flashpash

Hi there, glad you have returned to mtg, Ireland needs all the players it can get. Probably the best way to get back into the game is to buy one of the preconstructed Lorwyn decks, my favourite is the merfolk deck, but elves are
    good too. Next Saturday is a pre-release event, in Cork and Galway (I think Dublin on Sunday has been cancelled), nobody takes these too seriously and players will gladly go over the rules with you.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Well I'm in Dublin, and can't really commute (do enough of it during the week)
    Can I buy the lorwyn decks in forbidden planet or sub city? (Or anywhere in Dublin?)

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

Well I'm in Dublin, and can't really commute (do enough of it during the week)
    Can I buy the lorwyn decks in forbidden planet or sub city? (Or anywhere in Dublin?)

Yep... or for cheaper in 4th Dimension (Crow Street, Temple Bar... downstairs from 3rd place).

There's quite often a pile of people there that'll show you how to play again. They have a table to play casually too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Nice... only been there once... that is the comic store yes???

Advertisement