Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another which GPS question

Options
  • 14-01-2008 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

I'm living in West Cork, but cover cork and kerry with work... I've just bought a campervan, which will be driving round the country in the summer... I have a low budget and a short period of time to make a decision (someone is to buy me a GPS for my 40th in a few weeks).. oh an probably off to france in the summer too.

Any suggestions on which satnav will be best for me???

Thanks

Chris

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

HI Chris!!

I just got a Garmin Nuvi 360T. It has all the maps of Ireland, UK and Europe. It was €300. I find it very good. It's small enough to put in my pocket and has bluetooth for handsfree calls. If your budget is €300 then I'd suggest that one. There are a few other Garmin choices between €200 and €300. It depends on what maps you want and if you want bluetooth or not. Those two things seem to makee the most difference in the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭chrisblack

Hi Kol... what a surprise meeting you here!!

I'm looking for under €200, navteq maps, probably a garmin (seem to be well recommended) - the 250 looks an interesting option...

I also want one that can be used in car or camper...

Getting nearer... any more suggestions???

Oh and dumb question ... How do you download maps??? Does the unit do it, do you use a pc, are they large files (I'm on dial-up)??

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Advertisement